How do you change the trackball and the sliver disk that is around it?

Also how hard is it to change the case on a blackberry?
    09-13-08 03:41 PM
    Just take a small screw driver and pry off the silver disk and the track ball will come out. Turn it over and lightly tap the back of the phone. They got a vid on youtube.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-08 04:04 PM
    I did this and broke the sliver disk. Now I have to buy a new housing?
    09-13-08 08:46 PM
    I took mine out 2 days ago to try to clean it.... well when I tried to put it back in, it came apart. I had problems getting the rollers into place. I finally gave up and decided to take it to a repair shop fully expecting to pay about 50 bucks to get it repaired. I went to a At&t repair facility and to my surprise they replaced my curve with a brand new unit with NO questions asked. To the best of my knowledge I was not still under warranty and the unit I had was a refurb. After waiting 15 minutes, they gave me a brand new unit with all of my data transferred for me onto the new one !

I hope you have as good of luck as I did !
    09-13-08 08:53 PM
    I took mine out 2 days ago to try to clean it.... well when I tried to put it back in, it came apart. I had problems getting the rollers into place. I finally gave up and decided to take it to a repair shop fully expecting to pay about 50 bucks to get it repaired. I went to a At&t repair facility and to my surprise they replaced my curve with a brand new unit with NO questions asked. To the best of my knowledge I was not still under warranty and the unit I had was a refurb. After waiting 15 minutes, they gave me a brand new unit with all of my data transferred for me onto the new one !

I hope you have as good of luck as I did !
    I've always had great experience like this at the AT&T repair places. Even though the people working there don't seem like they enjoy their job, they are quick to replace a device with a refurb that is in great condition.
    09-13-08 09:02 PM
    I don't have an att repair place near me.
    09-13-08 09:09 PM
    Get one from this place, Cellular Accessories - Samsung, Motorola, Acer, Dopod/O2, HTC, Sony, NEC, BlackBerry, Nokia, Accessorie
    Last edited by SevereDeceit; 09-13-08 at 10:48 PM.
    09-13-08 09:14 PM
    Get one from this place, http://www.bbenriched.com
    Your link is not working
    09-13-08 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD