We all know the trackball is illuminated with an LED (or two in some models), and the indicator lights are LEDs. I think it would be pretty cool to move the indicator lights to the trackball. I'm not talking about taking your blackberry apart and moving stuff around a soldering stuff, but in later models. But, the Pearl may be capable of this now. It already has the color change app. Maybe someone can have the app render a certain color for certain events. If I had a Pearl and anyway programming knowledge, I would try it. Anyway, those are my thoughts, what are yours?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 06:54 PM
    That would be cool if it were possible. The only reason I would prefer the indicator (or both in conjunction) is because it is visible when my Berry is in the case... the trackball is not!
    07-22-08 06:58 PM
    That's a good point. I don't use the case, so I didn't think of that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 07:03 PM
    If we're talking future dream applications for trackball color changes, how 'bout this:

The trackball starts off white, but can detect growing displeasure from your significant other over prolonged BlackBerry usage. The trackball could glow greener & greener the more jealousy it detected. Flashing bright green indicates imminent shutdown (of your S.O.).

Handango, are you listening????
    07-22-08 07:05 PM
    If we're talking future dream applications for trackball color changes, how 'bout this:

The trackball starts off white, but can detect growing displeasure from your significant other over prolonged BlackBerry usage. The trackball could glow greener & greener the more jealousy it detected. Flashing bright green indicates imminent shutdown (of your S.O.).

Hah!
    That would be interesting.
    07-22-08 07:31 PM

But that would also give you away when you see that hot girl next to you pulling out her berry
    07-22-08 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD