I got a Curve 8330 to replace my 8830. I noticed the trackball didnt work well so I cleaned it and it was still crappy. I swapped the one from my 8830 and it didnt work well either. I put the Curve trackball in the 8830 and it rolls fine. To get it to work in the Curve I have to apply a slight bit of pressure but I usually end up clicking on stuff. I have cleaned the contacts on the Curve and it didnt help. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Frankie
    03-07-10 07:23 PM
    It might be the trackball selector. If your device is less than a year old, call your service provider it's under warranty.
    03-07-10 10:01 PM
    You could always order a new trackball or the holder for it online at cnn.cn or truesupplier. Sometimes they're tricky and you don't know what's causing them to mess up.
    03-07-10 10:16 PM
    It might be the trackball selector. If your device is less than a year old, call your service provider it's under warranty.
    I bought it used so thats a no-go.

You could always order a new trackball or the holder for it online at cnn.cn or truesupplier. Sometimes they're tricky and you don't know what's causing them to mess up.
    When you say holder, do you mean the chrome retaining ring?
    03-08-10 07:15 AM
    If you need parts this place is in the US: Blackberry Curve 8330 Parts
    03-08-10 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD