Does any one else wonder why RIM keeps making phones with a track ball?

I mean if it never failed it would be a great funcation and user friendly navigation, But some times it gets grasey or sticky or stuck maybe to smooth. I'm not sure realy what happens but it fails over and over and over again. I have had a pearl, 8800 and 8330 Curve and 9360 Tour. And all have had problems and not to metion I have about 10 Curves and the track balls all went to heck.

I almost got a 8703E cuz of the click wheel founf out no SD card slot so I passed but I was close.

I heard of these track pads hope this comes soon.

I loved the Dpad on my treos and wm6 phones please RIM I'm not asking for much

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 03:03 AM
    Personally I love the trackball but would be very interested to try out the trackpad.

10-03-09 04:24 AM
    I like the trackball. Mine works perfectly on my tour. I don't see a big advantage to a trackpad

10-03-09 11:56 AM
    Love my trackball on my Tour. Guess I'm lucky I'm not seeing the issues that many have been seeing.
    10-03-09 01:51 PM
    Op - you're kidding, right? The 8520 has a trackpad. Available now. It's the wave of the bb future.
    10-03-09 05:01 PM
    The trackpad blows the trackball out of the water. I love it on my 8520...no maintenance ever needed, smoother then the trackball etc.
    10-03-09 05:09 PM
    It's possible that the OP doesn't keep up on the news quite as everyone else does. Many of us know that there is indeed an end coming to the trackball era of BB's. In the meantime, keep your hands clean!
    10-03-09 05:12 PM
    It's possible that the OP doesn't keep up on the news quite as everyone else does. Many of us know that there is indeed an end coming to the trackball era of BB's. In the meantime, keep your hands clean!
    Did you notice hes on Sprint, not Tmo, therefor a trackpad doesn't exist. he clearly knows about the trackpad is around otherwise he wouldnt have mentioned it.

and why is everyone so quick to jump down everyones throats when they have a question, dumb or not. This is a forum which was designed to help people answer questions, troubleshoot, etc. The people on this site just love feed their egos by ripping on others that dont know as much. F*cking relax! Not everyone is god damn cell phone nerd!
    Last edited by irbaboon; 10-03-09 at 05:42 PM.
    10-03-09 05:37 PM
    I'm on sprint is that out on Sprint Network?

Is it as fast and as good as the 8330?
    I had the tour and went back to a Curve

10-04-09 02:51 AM
    Is this the watered down Curve? Your speaking off. Like I said ealier I had the Curve and Tour and no back to the Curve. Cuz the track ball, and it seemed to get less a singal even though it was a global phone

10-04-09 02:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD