My daughter has an 8120 pearl. I have her only on unlimited text and not BIS, only pay per use so she can receive MMS.
    How can use the GPS on her phone to see her location without being charged for internet use? Is there a program out there I could use?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 07:40 AM
    Google latitude is out for the storm but I am not sure about the 8120. As for internet use I would imagine there would be an extra charge but I have unlimited so I never really worry about that.
    02-10-09 08:12 AM
    Does the 8120 have GPS? I was under the impression it did not. At any rate, google latitude is probably the simplest way to track the device. Even if it doesn't have GPS it will be monitored by cell tower triangulation. This WILL use data. I haven't experimented but my guess is that you would be better off paying for unlimited data if you plan to track the device more than occasionally.

02-10-09 08:30 AM
    Does the 8120 have GPS? I was under the impression it did not. At any rate, google latitude is probably the simplest way to track the device. Even if it doesn't have GPS it will be monitored by cell tower triangulation. This WILL use data. I haven't experimented but my guess is that you would be better off paying for unlimited data if you plan to track the device more than occasionally.

My apologies. It is an 8110. I'm assuming it has GPS. I thought most BB had GPS.

02-10-09 12:18 PM
    Gotcha. 8110 does have GPS.

02-10-09 01:04 PM
    By my understanding, with the pearl you get either GPS or wifi. My 8120 has wifi but no GPS. I wish you could get one with both.

02-10-09 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD