Is the ball bigger or smaller, faster or slower?
    Is there a better tektile feel when you push it in?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 12:26 AM
    i got to play with a tour yesterday at the store...imho, i think that the trackball is the same but it looks smaller on the tour because the tour does not have the chrome ring around it like the curve.
    07-17-09 07:00 AM
    I have them both in front of me now

switching between hands, I do not notice a difference between the sizes of the balls, the Tours seems to be recessed in the body about 1-2mm more than the Curvs is, and the tours has a slightly more tactical feel, more rubbery I guess could be said, though the Tour is new, and my Curve is WELL used.
    07-17-09 07:43 AM
    Ahhh I C, thanks for the replys I will have see one soon to check it out

07-17-09 10:03 AM
    For me the 8900 ball is he best I ever used, the white ones are more slippery and less accurate.

07-17-09 10:30 AM
    Because there is not a sunken ring surrounding the trackball on the Tour, it feels much more recessed. There's just less of the ball "sticking out" from the device. I like the design. It should probably do a better job at keeping dust and grime out of the trackball assembly. Of course, the dark ball was a good idea, as anyone with a white trackball can tell you they turn a rather ugly shade of grey from wear and look yellowish when the backlight is on.
    07-17-09 12:24 PM
    Agreed, the tb on the Tour looks and feels great.

07-17-09 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD