Hey everyone,

On my Tour, I have the ability to have ringtones for calls vs text messages for specific people. My regular text message song is one thing, BUT once someone who has a custom ringtone for texts messages text me, THEIR text ringtone will be for all texts until someone else with a custom one texts me (make sense??). Needless to say, I hardly ever hear the song that is just for anyone and all other texts without custom tones. What am I doing wrong? How do I fix this???
    09-14-09 04:06 PM
    I've noticed that if I'm in the middle of a text or BBM and someone calls, it just plays the default ringtone. Not a big deal, but seems like a weird glitch.
    09-14-09 05:49 PM
    Mine is only for texts. I have different ringtones for calls, emails, facebook, pins, etc. None of them every play the wrong song, only on texts
    09-14-09 05:56 PM
    Hey everyone,

On my Tour, I have the ability to have ringtones for calls vs text messages for specific people. My regular text message song is one thing, BUT once someone who has a custom ringtone for texts messages text me, THEIR text ringtone will be for all texts until someone else with a custom one texts me (make sense??). Needless to say, I hardly ever hear the song that is just for anyone and all other texts without custom tones. What am I doing wrong? How do I fix this???
    My tour does the same exact thing Ive really ben hopping 5.0 will fix this.
    09-14-09 07:00 PM
    Is this a built in feature or are you using the New Profile/New Exception trick to accomplish this. I know using the trick this has always been a problem. If they are incorperating it now, that's a plus, but a bummer that it is not working right.
    09-14-09 07:11 PM
    Yeah my Tour has the same issue. Text messages with a custom ringer.
    09-14-09 07:13 PM
    This is a built in feature (as far as i know). You are able to set custom text message ringtones just like you set custom call ringtones. It is a plus cause I get so many texts that if I am doing something, I would like to hear the song to know if I want to check it or not...lol But when it does not play the standard song, I keep needing to look at it to make sure it is nothing someone I need to hear from. SMH

Is this a built in feature or are you using the New Profile/New Exception trick to accomplish this. I know using the trick this has always been a problem. If they are incorperating it now, that's a plus, but a bummer that it is not working right.
    09-15-09 09:36 AM
    I'm glad it is not just me. What is the 5.0? Will we just get an updated that we need to update our phone or will I need to keep chekcing for something and download something myself?

My tour does the same exact thing Ive really ben hopping 5.0 will fix this.
    09-15-09 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD