Hey guys. I was really interested in a Blackberry for the following reasons:

• Web Browsings
    • Applications (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Weather, etc)
    • Texting
    • AIM
    • Good battery life

I am unsure honestly, if for what I plan on using it for if the Tour 9630 is something I need or if the Curve 8330 can do it all just as well. I also heard the Tour has issues with battery life and I will be using it a lot of places I can't just plug it in for a charge mid day (City, no car or office).

Any help from which one better suits my needs and why would be appreciated.
    Last edited by WOODMO; 08-28-09 at 06:20 PM.
    08-28-09 06:12 PM
    Tour had battery issues but from what I've read they are good after 5 cycles.
    As far as which one to get.
    The curve does all of that but the tour does it faster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 08:34 PM
    Pretty much all smartphones have crappy battery life, its just the nature of the beast. Have 3G, Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, and a large high res screen and your battery life is going to pretty much suck. I know the Curve has pretty good battery life but other than that they are pretty bad. The iphone, G1, various HTC's, and the Pre all have horrible battery.
    08-29-09 07:23 AM
    Get the tour since it is newer it'll be around longer. The faster processor and larger memory is also nice.

08-29-09 07:52 AM
    Tour without a doubt.

Better camera
    Much more memory
    Higher res screen
    Faster processor
    Dedicated buttons for standby and k/board lock
    Newer OS
    08-29-09 08:32 AM
    Get the Tour, its a heck of a phone, or if you are just looking to sign up with any carrier I would wait for the Onyx, going to be aH E LL ( I didn't know they even block this word ) of a phone, or my third option would be to get a BOLD, I love that phone. In fact I would say to get a BOLD over the Tour right now, but you only gave me two options hehe.

Good luck.
    08-29-09 10:12 AM
    No battery issues here. In fact, no issues at all with my Tour.
    08-29-09 11:55 AM
    • Web Browsings
    • Applications (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Weather, etc)
    • Texting
    • AIM
    • Good battery life

I am unsure honestly, if for what I plan on using it for if the Tour 9630 is something I need or if the Curve 8330 can do it all just as well. I also heard the Tour has issues with battery life and I will be using it a lot of places I can't just plug it in for a charge mid day (City, no car or office).

Any help from which one better suits my needs and why would be appreciated.
    Honestly, the curve texts, handles AIM, and has just about the same battery life as the Tour.

The Tour handles javascript better though and has a nicer screen-

Which would make web browsing a **tad** bit nicer.

OS wise though-

Don't let anyone fool you-

It's practically the same thing.
    08-29-09 12:00 PM
    I would go with the tour .. Newer os and the curve is now end of life.. Plus your will be able to handle the newer apps that come out

08-29-09 12:30 PM
    I vote for Tour because its a newer phone and the battery life is not that bad. It will last a day without charging with heavy use.

08-29-09 12:38 PM
    i just got the tour and absolutley love it ! great battery life...lasts me all day and i use internet and apps a ton! great phone
    08-29-09 12:39 PM
    Only thing the curve would beat the tour in is battery life, but that's because of the faster processor, better resolution screen, etc..

Aside from the battery life & pricing, no reason to get the curve from Verizon/Sprint over the Tour.
    08-29-09 12:40 PM
    Hey Pradda, practically the same is not the same. OS5 will be out soon for the tour, not for the curve. Will it be the same then.

To the OP. Get the tour, it's faster, nicer, more memory means more apps. I upgraded from a curve.

08-29-09 12:43 PM
    Only thing the curve would beat the tour in is battery life, but that's because of the faster processor, better resolution screen, etc..

Aside from the battery life & pricing, no reason to get the curve from Verizon/Sprint over the Tour.
    Are you sayin curve battery life is better than tour?

08-29-09 12:47 PM
    Hey Pradda, practically the same is not the same. OS5 will be out soon for the tour, not for the curve. Will it be the same then.
    Hey Avva, OS5 will be the same thing as OS4.6!

This is RIM we're talking about here.

The only difference between the two is price.

If the Tour was the SAME price as the Curve, the definite answer would be GET THE TOUR!!!

But Since one is cheaper than the other-

And they DO THE SAME EXACT THINGS practically-

I think it comes down to price.

If $$$ doesn't matter get a Tour.

But the differences are negligible in my opinion, aside from price.
    08-29-09 01:25 PM
    The things that makes the new generation blackberries better are memory and speed. With a Tour you will never need to worry about file free memory, and it will do everything faster. Want to browse your media card, you're there, no waiting. Go on-line, your browser opens without hesitation. The Tour is simply a better device. When I wanted to load and watch movies on my 8320, I had to run them through Roxio or a similar app. Now when all I need to do is drag them onto my 8900's card and they will play. There is a huge difference between the devices.
    08-29-09 02:27 PM
    Are you sayin curve battery life is better than tour?

From my experience... yes.
    08-29-09 02:30 PM
    I found the curves battery did last a little bit longer but not much at all. Ive also noticed my tour battery has gotten little better from when I first got it a month ago actually, but anyways in my opinion the tour is a way better device then the curve by far. The tour the 256mb of internal memory when the curve 8330 only has 64mb that alone makes it worth it in my eyes. Get the tour you wont regret it.
    08-29-09 02:46 PM
    the tour is basically a world phone way better screen n cam but its a bit wider, i have a curve havent made the switch yet but want to lol love the soft keys on tour too
    08-29-09 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD