Hi, i have a blackberry tour with bell and the os version is 4.7.1.40. I am having some issues with the bluetooth. It does not turn on all the time, and it will not connect to my bluetooth device. I am wondering if i update the os will it fix the bluetooth, or is it a hardware issue?
    11-12-09 04:19 PM
    I haven't read any reports of Bluetooth not connecting with 4.7.1.40, so I'd be surprised if it's an OS issue. Can you give more details? What are you attempting to connect to? What error message, if any, are you getting? If the connection is intermittent, what is different when it works from when it doesn't?
    11-12-09 04:25 PM
    Bell has official .57 for the Tour. It does help with bluetooth issues but not connection issues as JeffH mentioned. Either way i would upgrade to .57 as it fixes many little issues. Get the download here : BlackBerry smartphone support- bell.ca
    Last edited by GG1; 11-12-09 at 05:26 PM.
    11-12-09 04:29 PM
    I have a Jawbone Prime and have poor sound quality and some interference with .40; I upgraded to .57 and it fixed all bluetooth issues but killed my battery way too fast, and the little clock/hourglass kept popping back up. I am back to .40 now with battery for a day plus with heavy use. Bluetooth issues are back too
    11-12-09 07:01 PM
    I have a Jawbone Prime and have poor sound quality and some interference with .40; I upgraded to .57 and it fixed all bluetooth issues but killed my battery way too fast, and the little clock/hourglass kept popping back up. I am back to .40 now with battery for a day plus with heavy use. Bluetooth issues are back too
    I practically never see the little clock/ hourglass with .57 and my battery life is the same or better since upgrade. Guess it is phone specific.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 07:25 PM
    i was having trouble connecting the phone to my car, but i got a replacement tour and sent the other one back to bell to get it repaired. I have not had any problems so far with the new tour, so i think its been resolved. thank you for your responses
    11-12-09 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD