My Tour connects with my Pioneer DEH-P7000BT Bluetooth car stereo just fine when it comes to the phone-centric Bluetooth profiles but will not connect it's stereo audio Bluetooth profiles when the car stereo initializes that stage of the connection sequence.

The stereo works like this:
    • turn it on and it reaches out to connect the handfree and AV Remote profiles for telephone usage. These Bluetooth profiles connect first and separately from the stereo audio Bluetooth profiles.

• Next change the car stereo's source selector to Bluetooth audio and it will reach out once again to establish connections for the stereo audio profiles.

It's this second round of profile connections that the Tour is unable to establish.

I recently had some sort of Bluetooth driver corruption issue wherein my Tour's audio stream sound quality suddenly had become rife with distortion and unlistenable. After some basic troubleshooting I isolated the problem's source as the Tour since it's audio stream played across all of my Bluetooth audio devices (headphones, boombox, car stereo) was equally as bad.

'papped' from this forum helped me with instructions on how to load a new Bluetooth driver (thanks again papped) and this cleared the distortion problem, but now (with this new Bluetooth driver installed) the Tour refuses to connect to my car stereo so that I can play all it's music in my car.

I'm thinking I may need to re-image the Tour completely (thereby re-installing the original Bluetooth driver in it's un-corrupted state) and start fresh, but I figured I'd throw my problem out here to the community first before going to that measure.

Any help or suggestions are very much appreciated.
    09-17-10 09:01 AM
    Wow.
    Thunderous response.

Lemme ask this: does anyone know where I can download the original OS 5.0.0.732 Bluetooth driver, so I can roll this thing back?

Thanks.
    09-20-10 10:05 AM
    Install whatever OS you want to your PC and get the bluetooth .cod from the loader directory. You can uninstall the OS afterwards if you want.
    09-20-10 01:33 PM
    Install whatever OS you want to your PC and get the bluetooth .cod from the loader directory. You can uninstall the OS afterwards if you want.
    Install a BB OS on my PC? Sorry for my inexperience with this process but I don't know how I'd go about this.
    I support desktop PCs where I work but I don't go very deep when it comes to BBs (as you've no doubt gathered by this time).

If you could provide me with a link for where I can download the BB OS 5 I'd be much obliged. I'm guessing that after downloading it, I'll be able to perform some sort of install on my PC using that MCP app?

Thanks again for any instructions you can give me on this and sorry for being so inexperienced with this
    09-21-10 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD