I downloaded a facebook app upgrade and when it rebooted, my phone froze. I did a battery pull and then went to BBDM to see if I could do a "restore" from my computer, but it won't recognize the phone because it is in this frozen pattern. The screen sits in the white screen with timer mode and every 20 minutes or so, the screen goes black and tries to reset and gets stuck back in the white screen with timer mode.

I backed my system up yesterday. Can I do a restore if it won't recognize my phone when I plug it in?

Is there a hard reset that I can do?

Any help is appreciated!
    02-12-10 08:34 AM
    Pull the battery out, connect to the USB cable with BlackBerry Desktop Mangers Application Loader running. It will likley show PIN:UNKNOWN.

Insert the battery and watch for a change, then click on the Next button. You may have to repeat the process a couple times to get the timing correct. Once it does catch, it should read the content into memory where you can delete the Facebook applications from the list.

Good luck.
    02-12-10 09:57 AM
    IT WORKED!!!! THANK YOU! (I know you aren't supposed to do all caps, but damn, so glad to have my phone back)
    02-12-10 10:45 AM
    That is good news, congratulations on a successful recovery.
    02-12-10 10:58 AM
    hi mine does that to but it wont do it.... plz help me out ....
    03-27-10 08:42 PM
    Pull the battery out, connect to the USB cable with BlackBerry Desktop Mangers Application Loader running. It will likley show PIN:UNKNOWN.

Insert the battery and watch for a change, then click on the Next button. You may have to repeat the process a couple times to get the timing correct. Once it does catch, it should read the content into memory where you can delete the Facebook applications from the list.

Good luck.

My Tour did the same thing as well! What gives???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD