Last week I purchased a tour, I am now aware a tour 2 w/wifi is coming out. WIFI wld be great if the phone gives the choice to choose broadband or wifi. I was told from a Verizon rep that WiFi kicks in whenever there is no broadband coverage--this didn't sound right b/c Verizon has coverage almost everywhere-- then what good is WiFi.
    Touch pad upgrade is not a big deal for me, I'm happy with the trackball. Is he mistaken? Does the new curve give the choice b/t broadband/wifi. Is wifi much faster than Verizon's broadband. This is why I wish to make the change b/c I am using @ home (which is wifi) most often and would like the faster speeds

If he is mistaken, should I return the tour 1 and wait for tour 2 b/c I would really like the wifi speed
    02-03-10 11:14 AM
    Last week I purchased a tour, I am now aware a tour 2 w/wifi is coming out. WIFI wld be great if the phone gives the choice to choose broadband or wifi. I was told from a Verizon rep that WiFi kicks in whenever there is no broadband coverage--this didn't sound right b/c Verizon has coverage almost everywhere-- then what good is WiFi.
    Touch pad upgrade is not a big deal for me, I'm happy with the trackball. Is he mistaken? Does the new curve give the choice b/t broadband/wifi. Is wifi much faster than Verizon's broadband. This is why I wish to make the change b/c I am using @ home (which is wifi) most often and would like the faster speeds

If he is mistaken, should I return the tour 1 and wait for tour 2 b/c I would really like the wifi speed
    Tour 2 WIFI is like any other WIFI out there. If your in a basement, plane, in a cell block ect that doesnt have reception, then WIFI is good to have in that case.

trackpad's are MUCH better then the trackballs also. WIFI will be faster if your using WIFI but it cuts your battery life down extreamly fast.

I wish I could upgrade to Tour 2 but my contract wont be up for a while
    02-03-10 11:46 AM
    yea WIFI is alot faster but kills battery and the trackpad is a whole lot easier to use than the trackball....i can't wait for the Tour 2 too come out...
    02-03-10 01:39 PM
    Also comes with onboard 2gb memory. It will be nice if it comes with a 16gb sd card like the storm2 did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD