It's all about the Odin right now, no one cares about the Tour 2 yet. Maybe sometime next year but for now it's all about the Odin.
    09-17-09 02:11 PM
    Yes, thats what the Tour has, and yes it would be nice to even have more then 256 of ram
    More ram would mean more power usage...are you saying that it because you notice sluggishness?
    09-17-09 03:04 PM
    Of course there will be a Tour 2 a Storm 3 and Bold 4. They are just going to rename them all a only change a few things and everyone on here is going to buy them thinking they got a new blackberry when all they got is a slightly faster version of the one they just sold..... kinda like going from the 3G to the 3GS. But will will release 4 in the same year that all do the same thing.
    09-17-09 03:19 PM
    thats technology for you. As soon as something is produced its already obsolete.
    09-17-09 03:50 PM
    It's all about the Odin right now, no one cares about the Tour 2 yet. Maybe sometime next year but for now it's all about the Odin.
    yeah but a lot of us dont give two craps about the storm 2. We have Tours, and like to know whats coming after the Tour like the Essex. This thread has nothing to do with the storm 2.

this thread is all about Tour, no one cares about the Odin
    09-17-09 08:04 PM
    More ram would mean more power usage...are you saying that it because you notice sluggishness?
    no its pretty fast, but were never going to get a phone thats "to fast" your always going to want more power. Until people start complaining there phones are to fast, we need to keep stepping up the power of the phones! lol
    09-17-09 08:06 PM
    no its pretty fast, but were never going to get a phone thats "to fast" your always going to want more power. Until people start complaining there phones are to fast, we need to keep stepping up the power of the phones! lol
    I'm waiting for enough power to run my flux capacitor app internally. The lightning rod is a nuisance.
    09-17-09 10:45 PM
    I'm waiting for enough power to run my flux capacitor app internally. The lightning rod is a nuisance.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! that made my day.
    09-18-09 12:26 AM
    A tech guy at verizon said his tour 2 was ordered and it would have a touch screan and qwerty keyboard. I am sure he is full of BS.
    09-18-09 12:46 PM
    I heard about this on cnet when I was reading about the Tour. They said sprint woud have it at the top of next year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 01:20 PM
    A tech guy at verizon said his tour 2 was ordered and it would have a touch screan and qwerty keyboard. I am sure he is full of BS.
    Hahahahahaha!!! I bet it has "Stun", "Kill" and "God Mode" too.
    09-18-09 01:54 PM
    lmao that's great
    09-18-09 02:03 PM
    yeah yeah yeah... we even heard that Tour 1 was suppose to have a touch screen too lol
    09-19-09 08:12 AM
    yeah yeah yeah... we even heard that Tour 1 was suppose to have a touch screen too lol
    It does... you touch the screen and it ripples for you
    09-19-09 08:33 AM
    ok after all this, what was the point of the tour 1??

they could have included wifi in tour 1 but they delayed it till tour 2.
    09-19-09 07:02 PM
    That was already confirmed some ime ago wasnt it?
    09-19-09 08:37 PM
    ok after all this, what was the point of the tour 1??

they could have included wifi in tour 1 but they delayed it till tour 2.
    because there are ALWAYS bigger and better phones being made then the ones that come out to us already... once Tour 2 comes out, we will be hearing about the Tour 3 and its changes and you'll be asking whats the point of tour 2 then?
    09-20-09 02:24 PM
    and the cdma carries wanted a high end BB asap. sprint declared this in a announcement I read about the tour 2
    09-20-09 07:08 PM
    Hope it comes out sooner than later. I'd really like to take advantage of Sprints new plan, but don't want to move over for the Tour that I already have.
    09-20-09 07:11 PM
    Hope it comes out sooner than later. I'd really like to take advantage of Sprints new plan, but don't want to move over for the Tour that I already have.
    it wont be out anytime soon though.. next summer sometime probably
    09-20-09 07:45 PM
    lol...i've been waiting for the new, perfect device for like 4 years now. It never seems to come. I'm gonna wait till december and if the tour isn't out by late january 2010 I'm gonna break and settle for the original tour.
    09-20-09 08:16 PM
    same crap they had with storm no wifi rough hdw . hmm sounds all to familiar get used to it and live with what u have
    09-20-09 08:38 PM
    I'm still using a Pearl. My wife just upgraded to the 8330 Curve, but my contract isn't up until April. I'll upgrade to the Tour 2 in April. Only 7 more months. By then the Tour 2 should be here and maybe even dropped a bit in price. Maybe $99 instead of $199??
    09-20-09 11:07 PM
    Me three. Heard the same timeframe and actually RIM BlackBerry Essex Detailed Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications anticipates a december release? From my experience pdadb has usually been right about expected release dates but then again it's not up to them.

Unfortunately, nothing about an OLED screen or accelerometer, but 256 mb of ram?! Dang...seems overkill for a blackberry.
    Yes 256 MB of "Flash" Memory which is considered ROM, (EEPROM) it is cheaper and non volatile so you can save data on it instead of it being erased everytime, this type is totally different then the type on your computer and laptop which is DRAM (dynamic ram) which has a lot faster read access time, a quarter gig of DRAM on a little device like that is a lot if you where looking at it that way.......but its not "RAM" its like comparing apples to oranges.
    09-21-09 03:46 AM
    I expect this device to come out between Dec 2009 and Feb 2010, and not be a Tour "2" but just another Tour. Like the way there was an 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330... There could just as easily be a 9630 and 9650. Not a new generation of tour, just a tour with different features. I dont think it would be necessary for this device to come out a year later. I base the time frame on the reports from Sprint execs, i havent seen any evidence backing up a time frame of summer-fall 2010. Then again dont take this to seriously because I dont have any "insider" information, I just spend a lot of time on the internet.
    09-21-09 07:22 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD