New tour on its way confirmed from my buddy who works in VZW's corporate offices in NJ. He will be snapping a picture of some documentation for me sometime in the next day or two. Tour 2 will include wifi among other new features - trackpad, etc.

I know I'm not a reputable source as I really don't post much but I wouldn't waste my time with mindless BS. Hang tight kids.. this one should be a goodie!
    09-15-09 11:14 AM
    New tour on its way confirmed from my buddy who works in VZW's corporate offices in NJ. He will be snapping a picture of some documentation for me sometime in the next day or two. Tour 2 will include wifi among other new features - trackpad, etc.

I know I'm not a reputable source as I really don't post much but I wouldn't waste my time with mindless BS. Hang tight kids.. this one should be a goodie!
    its called the Blackberry Essex (code name) it will not be out until lext summer or next fall. theres been talk all over about it already in the upcoming BB section of the fourms

every blackberry will have wifi from here on out
    09-15-09 11:15 AM
    Yeah.. the actually name is Tour 2 and he has the model number as well.
    09-15-09 11:27 AM
    we dont know if its going to be called Tour 2.. Codename is Essex. just like Tour 1 was Niagra before they came out with a name for it.
    09-15-09 11:32 AM
    1. It's not going to be named the "Tour 2".

2. According to reputable sources, testing has just begun on this. As MJ said above, this won't be out for a while...
    09-15-09 11:34 AM
    I wouldnt expect a phone to have a second version of it come out within so many months later. I can understand a year out.
    09-15-09 12:10 PM
    Wifi Tour (Essex) is definitely a ways out.
    09-15-09 12:13 PM
    yes i would think having "tour 2" come out anytime soon or even anytime this year would be to soon for the people like me who just got the 9630's wouldn't b right...
    09-15-09 12:32 PM
    If you get your hands on a picture, please post it!
    09-15-09 12:34 PM
    Wifi Tour (Essex) is definitely a ways out.
    Agreed, it will be a minute...
    09-15-09 12:37 PM
    If you get your hands on a picture, please post it!
    Check it...
    Yet Another Upcoming BlackBerry Smartphone: Codename Essex is Next Revision of Niagara (Tour)?! | CrackBerry.com
    09-15-09 12:38 PM
    I wouldnt expect a phone to have a second version of it come out within so many months later. I can understand a year out.
    FWIW, AT&T rapid fired their Curves. No GPS ----> GPS in a relatively short time period.

Not saying that is the plan, but it has been done before.
    09-15-09 12:38 PM
    What is the model number?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 12:47 PM

1. your boy deadmau5 needs to switch his style up.
    2. i can see the next integration of the tour rolling out within the next 8 months. the demand for wifi and the flaws (mofo trackball, lag, boot...) of the 9630 will ensure that
    09-15-09 01:24 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    reading is hard, ain't it.
    09-15-09 01:25 PM
    Probably "9650".
    09-15-09 01:38 PM
    Key sentence at the end of Kevin's post:
    In fact, I wantz this device so bad I just photoshop hacked one into my hand!
    09-15-09 03:28 PM
    tour 2= essex xD right??? i do not really know hehehe but that is what i have heard
    09-15-09 04:18 PM
    reading is hard, ain't it.
    What didn't I read? OP said his contact had the model number. Of course there's been posts in other threads discussing a 9650/Tour2/Essex, but why make assumptions that these are all the same and accurate. He said his friend has it, so let's see what he's got.

He's waiting on pics, but hopefully we don't have to wait for him to quickly get the model number of this supposedly upcoming device.
    09-15-09 04:38 PM
    Key sentence at the end of Kevin's post:
    /facepalm

He was kidding.

That is the real thing..
    09-15-09 04:41 PM
    I thought that the tour 2 /essex would be out in January. It's weird how few changes are made each successive generation of BB compared to say the HTC's of the world. Then again, the iphone hasn't really changed, either. Maybe the more you change, the less successful you are.
    09-15-09 07:53 PM
    I thought that the tour 2 /essex would be out in January. It's weird how few changes are made each successive generation of BB compared to say the HTC's of the world. Then again, the iphone hasn't really changed, either. Maybe the more you change, the less successful you are.
    i heard the same time frame too
    09-15-09 08:53 PM
    Me three. Heard the same timeframe and actually RIM BlackBerry Essex Detailed Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications anticipates a december release? From my experience pdadb has usually been right about expected release dates but then again it's not up to them.

Unfortunately, nothing about an OLED screen or accelerometer, but 256 mb of ram?! Dang...seems overkill for a blackberry.
    09-16-09 05:22 PM
    ..... but 256 mb of ram?! Dang...seems overkill for a blackberry.
    Isn't that what the Tour has?
    09-17-09 01:44 PM
    Isn't that what the Tour has?
    Yes, thats what the Tour has, and yes it would be nice to even have more then 256 of ram
    09-17-09 01:49 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD