Thoughts?

I'm surprised Salomondrin hasn't done a review yet.

Waiting patiently
    12-24-09 03:19 PM
    BlackBerry Tour2 9650 Hands On Boy Genius Report

Honestly, what is there to review? It's almost identical to the Tour, only difference is a trackpad, a little more power in the processor and WiFi.

What could be better than the original BlackBerry Tour? Well, the BlackBerry Tour2 obviously. We’ve just got a hold of one and will be putting it through our normal thorough review processes, but in the meantime, here are some first impressions:

* Physical size is nearly, if not identical to the original BlackBerry Tour
    * The trackpad works great, just as you’d expect
    * We guessed the original Tour was slightly underpowered, and we were right. Fortunately the Tour2 seems to use the processor found in the Storm2, and that’s a welcome improvement. In the short time we’ve been using it, there aren’t many slowdowns that we’d normally get on the Tour, and the device feels much more snappy
    * The keyboard remains at greatness status
    * Wi-Fi works like any other BlackBerry

All in all a much-needed upgrade to keep Verizon and Sprint’s BlackBerry lineup current, and it might even be the device that sways me from my BlackBerry 9700… Photos in the gallery!

Album 1 Gallery 10 Gallery Boy Genius Report

Last edited by fabuloso; 12-24-09 at 03:45 PM.
    12-24-09 03:43 PM
    What is the difference between the bold2 and the tour 2?
    12-24-09 03:57 PM
    size, processor is different due to different chip manufacturers, one is only gsm, the other is quad band gsm+cdma, Tour2 will actually get 3g service while bold2 will suffer on att network but still perform like a blackberry( meaning like a champ)
    12-28-09 11:00 PM
    I'm a big fan of the tour, and would consider going back to it from my storm with a new version. I like the track pad instead of the ball too, one of the only reasons I kept the tour below the 30 day trial period.
    12-29-09 10:36 AM
    Anyone know when the tour2 may be out?
    12-29-09 01:32 PM
    yeah i think i will wait for this.. when it comes to verizon.. it should right
    12-29-09 04:17 PM
    Could be released in a day or two, or within a month, but we'll see.
    12-29-09 04:21 PM
    whelp im holding out for sals prediction.... hopefully by jan 15th!!!!
    12-29-09 08:32 PM
    Evrybody is gonna run out and get the tour 2 the the tour 3 is gonna come out 6 months later with flash in the browser this is how they get us me I'm gonna skip over the tour 2 and wait for the next big thing......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 12:34 PM
    Thoughts?

I'm surprised Salomondrin hasn't done a review yet.

Waiting patiently
    he did do a review a long while back. He has the Tour 2 and has had it for over a month now
    01-03-10 03:10 PM
    I'm definitely interested in this device. Tour 2 is at the top of the "Next Blackberry I Need" list I keep under my pillow.

01-03-10 06:12 PM
    Here's a on it. Finally Sprint's coming through... I hope.
    01-03-10 10:02 PM
    Ok. The tour is a great phone. Love it. But this f***ing trackball is giving me ****. The only problem I had with it is when it crashed on the original os 4.7 it came with. That was a big WTF! ! ! But the tour 2 will be a great improvement. It will make up for the tour's processor(which is slow at random times) and the trackball issue. Really dnt care for wi-fi cuz the internet service frm verizon is fast on its own. This is really a "must have" device.

01-04-10 03:54 AM
    Does sprint/VRZ put out serveys on new phones released? If not they should...

Y would they leave the USB port in the same location? It is so inconvenient. The convienient key is not rubberized. I guess all I am trying to get at is, Sprnt/VRZ came out with the Tour. You would think that with them coming out with the ESSEX that they would have corrected ALL of the flaws with the Tour. I love the track pad and WI-Fi, but y not go for it all? I guess we will always have something to complain about.

I still can't wait for the phone. I will be upgrading and I am expecting a lot of good things from the ESSEX.

01-04-10 11:21 AM
    I was so sure that they would have changed where the usb port is located. They picked the absolute worst spot on the phone to put the charging port. I like to lay in bed with my phone charging while playing on it and the location of the charging port makes that almost impossible.
    01-04-10 12:05 PM
    True story. Y wouldn't they fix it?? I mean when they made this phone they should have seen how inconvenient that is..
    01-04-10 02:52 PM
    Unless ur left handed, its a pain in the ***. Why don't you tell us y u prefere the usb poet. Where it is.... Maybe we could see it from ur prespective..

01-06-10 08:57 PM
    set twiddling my thumbs waiting for this device to come out already.
    01-06-10 11:42 PM
    wonder how the battery cover fits....
    01-10-10 01:00 PM
    I heard they didn't do any changes to the battery cover.
    01-10-10 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD