I swear I'm not trying to troll here so hear me out. RIM got some tough decision. Part of business is eliminating competetion. I love RIM's hardware, I love the tough phones and my Playbook.

I believe RIM's OS is it's own worst enemy! I sincerely want RIM to succeed so get rid of BB10 and all it's headaches! It will not save RIM. Most of you are stubburn and refuse to see the writing on the wall. RIM must adopt Android, Ice Cream Sandwich in order to save the phone. As soon as they do that then folks already on android will start considering trying out a BB phone and Playbook combo, can't RIM tweek Android to give special features suce as bridge and using phone for wifi playbook, etc.?

I want my BB! I love the hardware over the OS, kill BB10 !

Michaelaw
    06-14-12 02:25 PM
    If I wanted an Android OS on my Blackberry, I would rather have bought an Android.
    06-14-12 02:31 PM
    Even though I absolutely hate using this abbreviation, this is an exception. SMH.
    06-14-12 02:35 PM
    I swear I'm not trying to troll here so hear me out. RIM got some tough decision. Part of business is eliminating competetion. I love RIM's hardware, I love the tough phones and my Playbook.

I believe RIM's OS is it's own worst enemy! I sincerely want RIM to succeed so get rid of BB10 and all it's headaches! It will not save RIM. Most of you are stubburn and refuse to see the writing on the wall. RIM must adopt Android, Ice Cream Sandwich in order to save the phone. As soon as they do that then folks already on android will start considering trying out a BB phone and Playbook combo, can't RIM tweek Android to give special features suce as bridge and using phone for wifi playbook, etc.?

I want my BB! I love the hardware over the OS, kill BB10 !

Michaelaw

I hope you have flame resistant underwear on.

In before lock

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    06-14-12 03:38 PM
    That's like saying Taco Bell should get rid of their tacos & sell McDonald's burgers. :|

I think BB10 will be great for RIM, honestly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-14-12 03:41 PM
    If I wanted an Android OS on my Blackberry, I would rather have bought an Android.
    Man oh man I understand! But I feel we are looking down the barrel of a gun and I rather have a BB running ICS than no BB at all folks.

I've never buried my head in the sand, no matter how hard it was to see the truth and I won't do it not. I want my BlackBerry and I don't care about OS. A of a lot of excellent OS's have gone down and good hardware too. The battle over OS'S is over, over. The winners are, Apple and Android, period. BlackBerry can be a Samsung, or dead. That's the hard truth as I see it, the market don't care that I prefer a BlackBerry with BB10.

Michaelaw
    06-14-12 04:55 PM
    My God ! You said you were not trolling , and you might not mean to troll , but in here , this is as far as it can get with trolling ! You have advised us (CrackHeads) to get rid of our saviour and go to our competition. Get ready to hear some hurtfull stuff buddy !

Sent from my A$$ Kickin Berry using Tapatalk
    06-14-12 05:23 PM
    My God ! You said you were not trolling , and you might not mean to troll , but in here , this is as far as it can get with trolling ! You have advised us (CrackHeads) to get rid of our saviour and go to our competition. Get ready to hear some hurtfull stuff buddy !

Sent from my A$$ Kickin Berry using Tapatalk
    I'm on my 3rd BlackBerry phone and my first playbook. I've invested alot and wish to continue using the hardware ad it is the best. I love flash on my playbook. I dumped a perfectly good Motorola Xoom to get my Playbook. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the latest phone version, official or not.

I don't wish to see that come to an end. If I have to choose, I prefer the hardware to the OS.
    06-14-12 05:32 PM
    I'd rather buy a Samsung running BlackBerry 10 than a BlackBerry running ICS.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    06-14-12 05:49 PM
    I'd rather buy a Samsung running BlackBerry 10 than a BlackBerry running ICS.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    I'd rather have BlackBerry and Playbook running BB10, but the tread says otherwise.
    06-14-12 06:06 PM
    I sincerely want RIM to succeed so get rid of BB10 and all it's headaches! It will not save RIM.

Headaches? It hasn't been released yet!

Google and RIM simply don't have the same corporate mission. Android is an instrument to advance Google's data mining business. RIM is about secure and efficient mobile communication. Sure there's overlap between the systems but ultimately they're not in the same business.
    southlander likes this.
    06-14-12 06:09 PM

Google and RIM simply don't have the same corporate mission. Android is an instrument to advance Google's data mining business. RIM is about secure and efficient mobile communication. Sure there's overlap between the systems but ultimately they're not in the same business.
    Isn't it the servers which BB runs through which makes it secure, and not actually the OS?
    Michaelaw
    06-14-12 06:20 PM
    Why won't BB10 be great? Just look at the short review written by James on the BB10 OS.

Find it here

I have complete faith in BB10 to be the savior of RIM. No way will I want to see BB devices with other OS than our own.
    06-14-12 06:27 PM
    Thats just stupid how well would android look and work on a 9930. not very well lol i think people over look things this 9930 with os7 runs great and i came from galaxy nexus, razr maxx...people just want something need looking this phone works great as a phone. u want games and apps thats what a tablet is for cuz games on a 4.3 in or 4.8 inch screen just does not cut it. like my blackberry the way it is

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-14-12 06:29 PM
    Why won't BB10 be great? Just look at the short review written by James on the BB10 OS.

Find it here

I have complete faith in BB10 to be the savior of RIM. No way will I want to see BB devices with other OS than our own.
    Nobody but the highest RIM employees can say what the complete BB10 is going to be like, everything else is conjecture and speculation.
    06-14-12 06:58 PM
    Isn't it the servers which BB runs through which makes it secure, and not actually the OS?

Michaelaw

It's both. It's a multi-layered approach to security.

But the point is that Android exists to bring people to Google so that their data can be sold to marketers. This is what Google does. It's why Android is made freely available. RIM has a different mission, that's all.
    06-14-12 09:06 PM
    I would much rather see RIM stay the course and try with BB10 and fail than to simply give up and have it eventually dissipate anyway. I think BB10 will be great!

�Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.� Thomas Edison.

�The only real failure in life is the failure to try.� Unkown
    06-14-12 10:06 PM
    Sorry but switching to the Android platform to me, based on what I have seen so far of the new OS through leaks and updates, would be a backwards move at this point.

Additionally it would alienate many people like myself who one, don't trust Google with our information, two value security in our mobile platform and three want a system designed specifically for the hardware not one adapted too it as Android is which leaves all of the phones on that platform I encounter feeling incomplete.
    06-14-12 10:19 PM
    Huh? RIM's had some trouble (from what we've seen) getting their services tied in to BlackBerry 10 (an OS they control 100%). For example the PlayBook still lacks BBM and BIS native email (non bridged).

There is no reason to believe that if RIM wanted to it could move its device infrastructure to Android in any reasonable time frame.

Additionally QNX has a lot of tie in to various embedded device markets, etc. If....If RIM gets BB10 out and it sells, the existing QNX base of technology could become a major advantage for RIM.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-14-12 10:26 PM

That's such a great way to put it. Nicely done.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-14-12 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD