Quick question to those who may know...

Is there anything besides the digitizer that can effect the performance of a touch screen? I recently bought a brand new screen for my 9900 because I cracked the old one...but for some reason, there is one part of the screen that barely recognizes my touch. The menu bar towards the top. It's almost as if the calibration is off on my screen because if I touch right below it, it works perfectly.

I don't know what to do at this point so I figured I would ask before I return the screen or exchange it. Any suggestions?
    04-19-13 09:58 AM
    100+ views and no suggestions lol
    04-19-13 12:01 PM
    I dont relly know much. Have you tried reloading the OS? Do have a case or screen protector on the phone?
    04-19-13 12:08 PM
    Tried a security wipe....tried loading a completely new OS...tried reconnecting the flex cable. Nothing has worked so far. I do have a screen protector on it but I don't see that being the issue.
    04-19-13 12:18 PM
    Usually with any touch screen there is a way to calibrate. I would bet you'll find that somewhere within the engineering screens on the device. There are posts on here about how to get into the engineering screens. Though I've never done it on a bold.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    Rello likes this.
    04-19-13 12:58 PM
    Usually with any touch screen there is a way to calibrate. I would bet you'll find that somewhere within the engineering screens on the device. There are posts on here about how to get into the engineering screens. Though I've never done it on a bold.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    Thank u. I'll try looking for that cause I was thinking there had to be some way to calibrate the screen. Every other part of the screen works except for that little bar.
    04-19-13 02:24 PM