Sorry playbookguy they can't charge you more than you agreed to. That's actually theft. Being opportunistic to a promo is not. You're dead wrong on all accounts.
    Someone is sore about not getting in on the deal right? :P What did you manage to pick up?
    11-22-13 01:15 AM
    I can't get promo codes, it just transfers me to shop

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 04:33 AM
    So what did everyone get?
    11-22-13 06:21 AM
    I was too tired to grab that opportunity last night (i saw it at 4 a.m.) and now that i am ready and back home (living in Europe i needed my address from myus.com to checkout the deal and forward it to Italy) the codes are no more valid...
    Anyway, thanks for the tip! i hope to be more reactive next time....
    11-22-13 06:46 AM
    It's truly sickening that some have abused the process but don't be surprised if the orders of those who did so are cancelled, it's like going to an ATM machine knowing you have 5 bucks in the bank and due to a technical error you were able to get 10. What's the bank gonna do? Leave you with the extra 5 bucks? Nope they come after you!

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    11-22-13 06:57 AM
    It's truly sickening that some have abused the process but don't be surprised if the orders of those who did so are cancelled, it's like going to an ATM machine knowing you have 5 bucks in the bank and due to a technical error you were able to get 10. What's the bank gonna do? Leave you with the extra 5 bucks? Nope they come after you!

Posted via CB10
    While I agree somewhat with the first part of your post, the later is simply not true. They will just cancel the orders, they aren't going to sue you for the price difference. I am sure these clowns shipping all to the same address with the same email will not receive all their orders... but it's their business really, 'moving on'.
    11-22-13 07:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    Except they haven't given us the $5... so... worse case they just cancel it. There is no crime here,.. nothing has been taken without their authorization (or will be, since they have to ship)... all we have here is incompetence on their part.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 07:32 AM
    Codes were invalid last night.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    11-22-13 07:57 AM
    After a quick, sharp rebuke the mad man is gone!
    11-22-13 08:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    No, it's not really like that, but it's reprehensible behaviour, yep. We all have our lines: some wouldn't even participate in the deal because they don't own a Z10 or Q10. That would be dishonest for them.

For me, I own a Z10 and Z30 paid full pop outright for them, 100% no subsidy, and when I read the conditions on the deal, it did not say "offer valid only with purchase of a Z10 or Q10 right here right now": the conditions of the deal are "enter your PIN to see if you're eligible". So I did. So I am, for both my devices. So I did the deal for both my BB10 devices. I wondered to myself "I wonder if you could just put in the code and get free stuff?" but I didn't even try it, because whether or not it would work, that's not what the deal was about.

If you executed the deal far beyond the number of BB10 devices you legitimately own or at least have control over (like a sys admin at a company that has multiple BB10 devices under their control) then I don't have a lot of respect for you, because you enriched yourself at other's expense, plain and simple. Why should I respect a person like that?
    11-22-13 09:54 AM
    ... all we have here is incompetence on their part.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. We did nothing wrong. People who placed several orders only did what BlackBerry's incompetence allowed them to do. It is really crazy to think that a multi billion dollar company that once was the number 1 smartphone manufacturer isn't able to handle a cupon code promotion properly. I've used codes at mom and pop websites that only worked on the specific item they were made for. It is just insane that they actually released a universal code for saving $120 on anything in their store onto the internet.

Oh well, all of my orders are still in backorder, which is surprising. I was expecting to receive cancelation emails by now. Maybe they will still ship after all.
    11-22-13 09:55 AM
    After a quick, sharp rebuke the mad man is gone!
    I sincerely hope you are not referring to me? Mad Man? Maybe a little irate that my order was cancelled this morning due to lack of stock that I have no doubt is due to people abusing it. Thanks for that. In the future please refrain from calling me names. It just makes you seem petty and childish.
    I also hope you get caught.
    11-22-13 10:01 AM
    I just received confirmation email for my Z30 pouch which I used the coupon to order

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 10:01 AM
    We can bend it like Beckham all we want it's called theft. We all like free stuff but done legit. I clicked the link that OP posted before anyone started to comment on the site and yes there were nice things but I basically have bought most of the accessories already, I have other members within my company and family who own BB10 devices and not once,the thought crossed my mind to abuse the "free" stuff" . Maybe something I'd wrong with me? This isn't related to this issue direct ly how ever, I cannot ever stop admiring the people of Japan, there was a disaster of Epic proportions there,the discipline they exhibited was remarkable! Leaves me to wonder if something like this simple can be abused what will occur if such a disaster takes place with some individuals here. And no I'm not the moral police but let your own conciences be your guide. Mad man out!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 10:02 AM
    No, it's not really like that, but it's reprehensible behaviour, yep. We all have our lines: some wouldn't even participate in the deal because they don't own a Z10 or Q10. That would be dishonest for them.

For me, I own a Z10 and Z30 paid full pop outright for them, 100% no subsidy, and when I read the conditions on the deal, it did not say "offer valid only with purchase of a Z10 or Q10 right here right now": the conditions of the deal are "enter your PIN to see if you're eligible". So I did. So I am, for both my devices. So I did the deal for both my BB10 devices. I wondered to myself "I wonder if you could just put in the code and get free stuff?" but I didn't even try it, because whether or not it would work, that's not what the deal was about.

If you executed the deal far beyond the number of BB10 devices you legitimately own or at least have control over (like a sys admin at a company that has multiple BB10 devices under their control) then I don't have a lot of respect for you, because you enriched yourself at other's expense, plain and simple. Why should I respect a person like that?
    What if the sys admin is getting accessories for those devices?
    Oh an was this an error by BlackBerry or everyone just speculating?
    11-22-13 10:05 AM
    This isn't run by Blackberry though, right? I thought it was a third-party company that is managing it. So if you are to fault Blackberry, it might be for the lack of oversight of their vendor. Either way, I think the third-party may have to cover for any mistakes or issues and this shouldn't impact Blackberry.
    11-22-13 10:06 AM
    Who in here has a Business Degree? I do. I know the law when it comes to promos, do you? People calling me holier than thou and then quote my signature. Well ROGERS in Canada confirmed that I was indeed the first sold and activated Z10 in Canada. so um stick that in your pipe and smoke it. Im not mad, even after my order was cancelled. I just think its sad that you took advantage of the offer for the accessory bundle and used t for your own means. Typical. Also I went to bed after my last post last night. You didnt scare me away with your sharp retort, you actually made me laugh at how idiotic you sounded. I have a life that is away from the forums. Maybe you need one as well.

Maybe I'll give my friend at BBRY a shout on bbm and get video going and show them this thread....
    donmateo likes this.
    11-22-13 10:07 AM
    I don't think he had an issue with the sys admin doing this. The issue is for anyone (including the sys admin) going FAR beyond those devices that they own or have control over.
    11-22-13 10:08 AM
    Who in here has a Business Degree? I do. I know the law when it comes to promos, do you? People calling me holier than thou and then quote my signature. Well ROGERS in Canada confirmed that I was indeed the first sold and activated Z10 in Canada. so um stick that in your pipe and smoke it. Im not mad, even after my order was cancelled. I just think its sad that you took advantage of the offer for the accessory bundle and used t for your own means. Typical. Also I went to bed after my last post last night. You didnt scare me away with your sharp retort, you actually made me laugh at how idiotic you sounded. I have a life that is away from the forums. Maybe you need one as well.
    This reads like a forum post from a rather mad man. Just saying....
    11-22-13 10:11 AM
    This reads like a forum post from a rather mad man. Just saying....
    how does this make me a MAD MAN? Enlighten me. Why dont you go to your nearest BB dealer and go in and steal some phones. It's the same thing as what you did to the offer. see if you get away with it because by the logic you all so profusely use to validate your actions it should be fine and you should be able to walk out with any device in your hands.
    Just sayin.
    Am I a mad man because I have morals?
    Am I a mad man because I didnt choose to steal?
    If so then call me Mr. Hatter from now on.
    Nothing to say anymore now? Did that sum it all up for you.
    Back to card writing.
    Last edited by thatplaybookguy; 11-22-13 at 10:30 AM.
    11-22-13 10:15 AM
    Oh an was this an error by BlackBerry or everyone just speculating?
    The point isn't whether or not someone got multiple orders through... the point is whether multiple orders is legitimate. There will likely be people who are entitled to participate in this deal (they own a BB10 device) who weren't able to participate because some people decided to game the system and hoard.

I would have nothing but the utmost respect for Digital River if they cancelled every single order by someone who gamed the system. That would include me, because I entered a PIN for a Z30. No hard feelings if they cancel that order... but I do own a Z10 and if I got the accessory bundle that would be nice. But even then, I figure the deal was MEANT to be "Buy a Q or Z, get free accessories!" not just "give away free accessories to anyone who ever bought a BB10 device" but jebus I haven't seen an online offer so hole-y since Dell was giving away 75% off coupon codes by email and people were setting up 100 gmail addresses and getting hundreds of codes and scoring 50 and 75 percent off coupons up and down the dunes.

I laugh at the phony outrage "I placed 234 orders and they were cancelled I am outraged that this atrocity of injustice could happen I will write to my congressperson!" that inevitably follows when the vendor says "Um, yeah... those orders are being cancelled.".
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    11-22-13 10:31 AM
    last bit to add: ONE PER PERSON, not 50.
    Q100 likes this.
    11-22-13 10:37 AM
    how does this make me a MAD MAN? Enlighten me. Why dont you go to your nearest BB dealer and go in and steal some phones. It's the same thing as what you did to the offer. see if you get away with it because by the logic you all so profusely use to validate your actions it should be fine and you should be able to walk out with any device in your hands.
    Just sayin.
    Am I a mad man because I have morals?
    Am I a mad man because I didnt choose to steal?
    If so then call me Mr. Hatter from now on.
    Nothing to say anymore now? Did that sum it all up for you.
    Back to card writing.
    I don't think you're a madman, I do think barking to others online that you're super smart, above them, have a life, and that you have an understanding of the law that equates to a regular viewership of "The Good Wife" is pathetic though.
    11-22-13 10:41 AM
    Wow .. .things are getting pretty heated in here. The good news is that we all seem to love Blackberry, I think.

If my order goes through, I will be happy. It sucks that everyone wasn't able to take advantage of it though. I wanted certain things and I guess I wasn't quick enough as they were out of stock, but I'd be happy with the stuff I did order though given such a nice discount.

At the end of the day though, whether it goes through or not, I'm happy with my life at the moment. Good family and friends. Those are priceless. Let's try and remember all those things we should be thankful for.

Kumbaya ....
    11-22-13 10:47 AM
    I don't think you're a madman, I do think barking to others online that you're super smart, above them, have a life, and that you have an understanding of the law that equates to a regular viewership of "The Good Wife" is pathetic though.
    Ha Ha Ha, touche but I never said I am super smart but thanks.
    I never said I was above anyone at all, just that I wouldn't steal things? does that make me a bad person? Um No.
    I do have an understanding of the law and so should everyone else, especially since it is such a basic thing that everyone should understand.
    What is pathetic though,are the attempts to belittle me. Rolls right off and doesn't affect me.
    You are all nameless people on a web forum. Do you honestly think I care what you do or do not think of me? Because if you do then you are mistaken. I just don't like to be called names and I will not let people get away with it.
    As for a life, yeah maybe some people need to get one.

Happy Friday, there is a whole big world out there for you all to antagonize.
    11-22-13 10:58 AM
563 ... 34567 ...