Is there any possible way to purchase apps through App World using an unlocked Verizon BB, if you are using it on AT&T? I mean without using a credit card and purchasing through AT&T billing?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-26-12 05:37 PM
    I believe you can purchase apps with PayPal can't you?

apart from Carrier billing, and Credit card, I think PayPal is your only bet
    05-26-12 05:57 PM
    +1 on the PayPal method. I've been using PayPal on BB App World since well before carrier billing became available. It's also the one of the safest ways to make most online purchases. It allows you to buy online on many sites without exposing your credit card info. ~ecm
    05-26-12 08:41 PM
    +1 on the PayPal method. I've been using PayPal on BB App World since well before carrier billing became available. It's also the one of the safest ways to make most online purchases. It allows you to buy online on many sites without exposing your credit card info. ~ecm
    Prepaid credit cards are the way to go.

PayPal isn't governed by the same laws Credit card company's and traditional banks are.

From the multitude of problems I had with PayPal back between 2002 and 2005, my trust level of them is minimal, I'd sooner use a Prepaid credit card which are readily available now.
    05-26-12 08:45 PM
    Prepaid credit cards are the way to go.

PayPal isn't governed by the same laws Credit card company's and traditional banks are.

From the multitude of problems I had with PayPal back between 2002 and 2005, my trust level of them is minimal, I'd sooner use a Prepaid credit card which are readily available now.
    I concur, I've been using a prepaid Visa for years now for just such purposes. Wal-Mart Moneycard that is easy to charge up as needed. Sure beats the crap out of interest-based credit cards.
    05-26-12 10:13 PM
    If you are using your unlocked Blackberry with data why not? paypal is one way..
    05-27-12 09:36 AM
    Thanks for the info, I use the paypal, but I just wasn't sure if you could use carrier billing if you are using a Verizon BB on AT&T. I'm glad the paypal option is available.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-27-12 10:40 AM
    I have used PP in the past, but like some, my trust level with them is very low. I used to just buy $25 prepaid MC or Visa cards and use em for App World purchases.

Carrier billing works very well with my carrier, but I just use a regular cc now. Most who do not want to use/do not have a cc or dislike carrier billing (you can still use even if your unit is unlocked) will use either PayPal or Prepaid card of some kind that allows online purchases.
    05-27-12 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD