Been playing with the Torch for a week now.
    The Wifi reception was better on the Bold 9000 (best reception compared to Bold 9700 and Torch).
    It really sucks you barely have one bar whereas on your computer you have full signal.
    What a disappointment !
    11-01-10 05:26 AM
    My wifi works just as good if not better then my laptop. Perhaps you have a defective device?
    I'm using N-band in 20mhz with a linksys wrt810N, my laptop connects on 40mhz and torch on 20mhz(torch cant use 40mhz). I'm literally 80 feet from my router with only 2 bar drop in wifi but is still quite usable.
    11-01-10 05:33 AM
    Sounds like your device is defective or is just not playing well with your router. Have you testing your device with a different router?

I can't recommend a software version because I do not own a Torch, but I would definitely try connecting to a different router to see if you have the same problem. If the problem is still there, I would then take it back to your carrier store and show them and see what they can do for you.
    11-01-10 05:53 AM
    Ok thanks for your advice on this guys !
    11-01-10 05:57 AM
    Ok thanks for your advice on this guys !
    No problem. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.
    11-01-10 06:07 AM
    I agree there is possibly a problem with your device. I own a Torch and I have had no problems with wi-fi reception. Even when I'm at work in an area of my classroom where my computers don't get good wi-fi reception - my Torch does just fine.

If I were you I'd look into this matter as soon as possible. Good luck.

Peace...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-10 11:38 PM
    I have no problem with WiFi either, infact the browser loads pages quicker on wifi then it does on Bell's 3G network.. lol
    11-08-10 01:24 AM
    Bring ur 9800 back. Wifi is phenominal with the 9800. I have noticed a big improvement over 9700. I also use mine on tmo uma

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD