4My BB Torch is unlocking its screen of its own accord. At first I just thought i'd been forgetting to lock it before i put it in my bag, but last night i locked my phone and put it by my bed, and soon after the backlight came on and the phone unlocked itself! I thought it might be the BB trying to tell me it was fully charged, but after i unplugged the charger it still unlocked itself. More annoying still, the backlight just keeps going on and off, on and off constantly.
    I've got the phone on my desk in front of me and have timed the activities as it just sits there:

00.00secs - lock phone
    00.40 - phone unlocks itself
    01.15 - backlight dims and goes off
    01.40 - backlight comes on again
    02.10 - backlight dims and goes off
    02.30 - backlight comes on again
    03.05 - backlight dims and goes off
    ...and it just does this constantly!

I don't have any notifications or applications open that might cause this.

Also, the time it takes the phone to unlock itself isn't uniform; it can vary from 10 seconds up to around 40 seconds.

This is the first BB I've had and it's really great but this seems to be a real flaw and it's really getting annoying! I don't know much about BBs but any assistance would be appreciated.

Can anybody help?

Thanks
    01-04-11 02:58 AM
    hi,
    i had the same issue as you, and, of course, googled how to fix it..
    i saw your question and noticed that no one had answered yet, so i continued to look. i typed in the question numerous ways and found an answer that was helpful-
    someone said that you might have an app that continuously updates itself so think about what you might have installed which does this and uninstall it.. i found out that mine was a flashlight app.. i think it was called 'the light' or something similar.
    hope this helps!
    04-17-11 12:06 PM
    hi,
    i had the same issue as you, and, of course, googled how to fix it..
    i saw your question and noticed that no one had answered yet, so i continued to look. i typed in the question numerous ways and found an answer that was helpful-
    someone said that you might have an app that continuously updates itself so think about what you might have installed which does this and uninstall it.. i found out that mine was a flashlight app.. i think it was called 'the light' or something similar.
    hope this helps!
    try modifying your app's "refresh" rate to push updates to your phone. pick a lower interval (this will save your battery)

what version of the OS are you running out of curiosity?
    04-18-11 01:28 PM
    This happened to me after installing Quicklaunch. After reading these posts and others, I took off the weather feature and it stopped.
    11-05-11 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD