Hey guys,

I just wana know if the torch is any better now . My upgrade is in Jan and I dont know whether to get 9780 or the torch . I have the storm 2 and I love the big screen but not the battery life . I do a lot of browsing , twitter , myspace and viigo . Now its blackberry news feeds . Loving that cos no more memory leaks .

Is the torch much much better with os update .
    Does it lag much
    Is bb 6 better on the torch or the 9780

I know you can change from 3g to 2g to save battery but that's not always the best for browsing .

Any help would be great

Can the mod's move this to the torch forum please
    Thx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bigpolla04; 12-15-10 at 09:33 AM.
    12-15-10 06:39 AM
    Personally, I love the Torch. Mine has been perfect since I got it. No wobble, no problems, great battery life -- can easily go 2 days without charging it, I'm a heavy texting, email, BBM, Twitter, and Facebook user as well as some browsing the net. Leaving the phone in 2G definitely helps, and honestly, the browser is fast enough on 2G that I haven't had to turn 3G on since I got the phone over a month ago.

I haven't had any lag problems and adore having the fulll screen + physical keyboard. If you don't mind having a slider, then the 9800 sounds like a great option for you.
    Last edited by hmutt; 12-15-10 at 12:40 PM.
    12-15-10 12:35 PM
    Hey guys,

I just wana know if the torch is any better now . My upgrade is in Jan and I dont know whether to get 9780 or the torch . I have the storm 2 and I love the big screen but not the battery life . I do a lot of browsing , twitter , myspace and viigo . Now its blackberry news feeds . Loving that cos no more memory leaks .

Does it lag much

I know you can change from 3g to 2g to save battery but that's not always the best for browsing .

Any help would be great

Can the mod's move this to the torch forum please
    Thx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

The Torch is a very good BB, I had one and sold it to get a 9780. The lag issues were only a problem in the beginning when it was initially released. Since then there have been several firmware updates that seem to have resolved that issue. And to be honest, the only reason I sold my Torch, and this may seem petty to some was that I could not for the life of me type with any speed or accuracy on the virtual keyboard and I felt the physical keyboard was a little cramped for my hand size. But the Torch itself itself is a really good solid BB. As far as comaring it to the 9780, well that would be very subjective and you'll get a million different answers from people saying one is better than the other. In the end, all that matters is what you think of each device and which one has the features you need/want. I would strongly suggest you give the Torch a try, you have 30 days to put it to the test. Enjoy.
    12-15-10 12:47 PM
    Hey guys,

Does it lag much

Any help would be great
    I can't compare the Torch to the 9780; but I can tell you that it is much better with the latest OS (.337). It's everything you like about the Storm 2, plus a track pad and physical keyboard, which I use regularly for anything longer than a 2-word text message. I just can't put this phone down, more than any other phone I've owned.

I find the battery life to be perfectly adequate, almost as good as it was on the Bold. I check email regularly, text a few times a day, browse several times a day, have BEWeather updating every couple of hours, 3G always on, and GPS always on. On most days I have at least 1/2 battery left by the time I get home in the evening. It's only after a day with many hours of goofing off with games that the battery doesn't go 18 hours or more before needing a charge.

I think if you're coming from the Storm 2, you'll find yourself missing the touch screen badly. The Torch really is a solid and fun device.

... to be honest, the only reason I sold my Torch, and this may seem petty to some was that I could not for the life of me type with any speed or accuracy on the virtual keyboard and I felt the physical keyboard was a little cramped for my hand size.
    Don't think that's petty at all. In fact that's probably where I think the Torch compares the worst vs. my old Bold 9000. If I had to rely on my phone for emailing or other activities that required typing all day long, I probably wouldn't be happy with the Torch at all. But I don't, and it's really the larger screen and better browser that lured me away from the Bold in the first place, and everything else that's great about the Torch far outweighs my difficulties with the keyboard. And now I'm addicted to the touch screen too, and I'm slowly getting more accuracy with the Torch's keyboard, so I don't see myself ever going 'back' to a no-touch-screen form factor. What I'd kill for, and it sounds like you would to (and I'm sure some regular readers here are sick to death of me spewing this same thing out again), is something like the Torch with a landscape-oriented slide-out keyboard. That would just be the sh#t.
    12-15-10 04:37 PM
    I came from the S2 and the Torch is by far the best BB to date IMO (I've spent a lot of time on the 9780 too).

Don't get me wrong, I was a huge fan of surepress, and still very much miss it, but the combo of touch screen, track pad and physical keyboard is great. I've never had any lag issues, in fact I find the responsiveness to be great (much snappier than the S2).

Have not regretted my upgrade for a second!
    Good luck with your decision.
    12-15-10 04:46 PM
    I still have my 9700 and I love it. I've been babysitting a co-worker's Torch for a week now while they are on holidays, and I will never own one for myself. My personal reasons: Torch is huge and feels like a brick; slider is a pain because I am used to only having to use one hand to do things; the keyboard on 9700 is best fit for my fingers and the Torch is too flat and I make too many mistakes; I prefer the simplicity of my menu on OS5. But that's me.........I don't have apps, listen to music, take photos, do social media..............my 9700 is a business tool for phone/email/bbm and my 9700 is perfect for what I need. When this thing dies I will get a 9780 and have to get used to OS6 I guess.
    12-15-10 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD