I have a Blueant Z9i bluetooth handsfree. I have tried to pair with my 9800 (Bell Mobility using 6.0.0.246). The pairing is not working - in fact, it doesn't see the Z9i at all.
    I have tried:
    -Reboot phone
    -Reset Z9i (in case I'd paired with too many devices)
    -Check pairing with other phone (paired quickly with Curve 8530)
    -Fully charge Z9i
    -Check firmware on Z9i (up to date)
    -Torch sees other BT devices

Any suggestions or other instances of this problem?
    10-07-10 12:17 PM
    I'm using a BlueAnt in my car, and it works fine, pairing was no problem. I'll have to check the model number, I don't remember that offhand. I'll update with a model.
    10-07-10 12:23 PM
    My Q1 just arrived so I removed the pairing with my old Motorola headset, and it also worked fine. I'm not familiar with the Z9i but can't see why it wouldn't work...
    10-07-10 12:30 PM
    Well, ****. Seems like an ID10T problem. In the past, I have sync-ed the device by holding the main button for 6 seconds and releasing when it started flashing. Turns out that to get it to pair with newer phones (9700, 9800), you have to keep holding the button until the pairing is complete. All good now.
    10-07-10 12:38 PM
    I finally found the right sequence to pair the blackberry 9810 and blueant z91.... on the blueant hold all three buttons (volume up, volume down, and mfb) continuously while getting the blackberry to "search" for devices.
    01-03-13 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD