I've had my torch for about two years, and I am experiencing this problem for the first time. My phone will fully charge, and hold a charge for the entire day. But my battery level indicator will not tell me the correct level for my battery. It says I have a fully charged battery for the whole day, and then will suddenly shut down due to low battery. I have a resource monitoring app, as well as a battery app, which also says the same thing. I run battery saving mode at all times. And when I restart my phone, it will tell me the current level, but not update after that. I'm running all current software, and haven't added any new apps in the time that the problem has started. I have searched and could not find any information or similar issues, so I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what's going on! Thanks in advance!
    06-11-13 08:12 AM
    I've had my torch for about two years, and I am experiencing this problem for the first time. My phone will fully charge, and hold a charge for the entire day. But my battery level indicator will not tell me the correct level for my battery. It says I have a fully charged battery for the whole day, and then will suddenly shut down due to low battery. I have a resource monitoring app, as well as a battery app, which also says the same thing. I run battery saving mode at all times. And when I restart my phone, it will tell me the current level, but not update after that. I'm running all current software, and haven't added any new apps in the time that the problem has started. I have searched and could not find any information or similar issues, so I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what's going on! Thanks in advance!
    I suspect the circuitry in the battery may be faulty, giving an initial reading but failing to register through the day. After two years of service, I'd see about acquiring a new one as a precaution and see where it goes from there, just so you don't get left in the dark by surprise. This is also one of the warning symptoms I got from my old 8330 Curve just before the battery failed a bench test at the carrier store.
    choblin likes this.
    06-11-13 08:30 AM