Well I own an iPhone and Blackberry IMO BlackBerry is better for business because of the email and BBM. Have you ever set up business email on an iPhone? Now back to the scheduled topic!
    Agreed, I also own both.

VZW will announce something soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 06:00 PM
    "Verizon not getting Torch 9850" Is this true? What do you base that on? I hope the info is wrong. I have been waiting to replace by Storm I for awhile now. Any new info or news on this?
    08-03-11 06:46 PM
    Yessssssss the torch is coming to sprint!! I cannot wait because my contract ends October 1st. Thank you rim!!!!!!!!!!!!

---
    - Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-03-11 06:48 PM
    The iPhone is a toy for children to play with. Not very business oriented and just plain ugly all around.
    LOL why so emotional?
    08-03-11 06:49 PM
    Left RIM when the Droid 3 came out. Might come back to RIM at some point but not for a while. Got tired of RIM always playing catch-up.
    08-03-11 07:31 PM
    Although it has been rumored for a while, it just doesn't make sense for T-Mobile not to get the 9860. The reason I say this is because the only companies who use AWS for 3G are:

USA: T-Mobile, Cincinnati Bell Wireless
    Canada: WIND Mobile, Mobilicity, Videotron
    Chile: VTR, Nextel

None of these companies were on the list in the BB Blog. So that raises the question, why would they make a completely separate device for mainly T-Mobile/Wind?

The only options are:

1) It hasn't been announced for these companies and will be by at least one of them soon.

2) They understand that individuals buy a lot of unlocked phones (a.k.a iPhone on T-Mobile) and they decided to take advantage of it by making specific versions for these companies to keep customers with a BlackBerry.
    08-03-11 11:04 PM
    Verizon and RIM have been known to have announcement events in the past. I should know, I was at the RIM/Verizon Storm 9530 event in 2008. Then again, that was an exclusive device launch for them.
    And since that turned out so well, I'm sure both are willing to repeat it.
    08-03-11 11:14 PM
    So why did they make a 9860 with the 1,4,8 HSPA bands that only WIND and Tmobile use if they aren't going to carry them? Doesn't make sense to me. I think RIM just left them out of the tweet's, confusing the twits that follow than nonsense.
    That band variant is widely used outside of north america, it is probably the most common in the EMEA region actually these days.
    08-05-11 12:43 PM
    What would the business strategy be for being hush hush on a device launching next week?

A suprise midnight launch to catch everyone off guard? Why?
    Maybe Verizon wants to do their own formal launch for their new products.
    08-05-11 12:44 PM
    That band variant is widely used outside of north america, it is probably the most common in the EMEA region actually these days.
    OK, let me rephrase, why did they get those bands approved for this by the FCC?
    08-05-11 02:04 PM
    I know what we can all do, SPECULATE!!!

The fact of the matter is the no one is saying for sure what VZW will do and when. That being said, IMO, it is only a matter of time before VZW announces its new BBs, including the 9850. Think about it, ALL other carriers will have new ones except VZW? Does not make sense to me.

Dont beat me up, but honestly, everyone needs to calm down until we get to the end of August. By then we'll all know.
    08-05-11 02:39 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD