Earlier today I received a 9800 for free and I've been test driving it for an hour or so. Its fantastic!! I'm not a slider gut so I didn't get the phone at launch..that was a mistake. I've been using a 9900 and I'm thinking about getting a new 9810..I just felt compelled to tell the crackberry nation this..if any of you are stuck on weather or not to get the 9810 or a 9900 I recommend it! I am now a slider guy..I'm just sad that a had to go through an android and ios devive to realize this
    04-05-12 08:39 PM
    The torch is an awesome phone. I only tried it while on display in certain stores. Hopefully Sprint Network will come out with a Blackberry Torch. I'll be on it ASAP!
    04-05-12 08:48 PM
    Glad you found something you like. I like my 9800 too and have been drooling over the 9810 but upgrade isn't due till Dec so will likely go for a bb10.

Have you seen the BB Blade concept phone? It's The BB10 ver of the 9800 and is by far the sweetest (dare I say sexiest?) phone I've ever seen!

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bla...oo-hot-be-true
    Last edited by stewartj1; 04-05-12 at 08:59 PM.
    04-05-12 08:49 PM
    The torch is an awesome phone. I only tried it while on display in certain stores. Hopefully Sprint Network will come out with a Blackberry Torch. I'll be on it ASAP!
    Well here's to sprint gettimg their act together...you deserve a phone this great!
    04-05-12 08:51 PM
    Love the Torch form factor. Hence the concept Blade phone would kick @$$ ! ! !
    3 BB10 form factors would be ideal : Bold, Slider, All-Touch

Lets hope RIM pulls this one off properly (ie: proper execution !) Also am hoping RIM smartens up and STOPS having so many bloody models of same freakin phone. Have one model with diff radios is fine, but releasing 10 diff versions with slightly diff specs is F'ed up ! Think of all the time / resources they are wasting on all the diff versions.

RIM if you are listening, 3 form factors and 1 model of each style. Hence 3 phones, focus all your power, time, energy, and cash on making those 3 phones the best bloody BB phones ever to hit stores ! You can do it !
    Last edited by CDM76; 04-05-12 at 08:56 PM.
    04-05-12 08:53 PM
    Glad you found something you like. I like my 9800 too and have been drooling over the 9810 but upgrade isn't due till Dec so will likely go for a bb10.

Have you seen the BB Blade concept phone? It's The BB10 ver of the 9800 and is by far the sweetest (dare I say sexiest?) phone I've ever seen!
    Yes I have..and I agree with you! I hope that concept becomes legit so I can get one!
    04-05-12 08:53 PM
    I agree my 9800 rocks. I am waiting for bb10 to see what that does with my pb. its that or upgrade to 9810. os7.
    04-05-12 08:55 PM
    Love the Torch form factor. Hence the concept Blade phone would kick @$$ ! ! !
    3 BB10 form factors would be ideal : Bold, Slider, All-Touch

Lets hope RIM pulls this one off properly (ie: proper execution !) Also am hoping RIM smartens up and STOPS having so many bloody models of same freakin phone. Have one model with diff radios is fine, but releasing 10 diff versions with slightly diff specs is F'ed up ! Think of all the time / resources they are wasting on all the diff versions.
    Hahahah I feel the same way
    04-05-12 08:55 PM
    The Torch 9800 form factor is perfect to me. I wish we had it on Verizon. I would have one already. Although, I wonder if I would eventually get tired of sliding the phone up to use the keyboard. I kinda like having the keyboard readily available at all times.
    04-05-12 09:00 PM
    The Torch 9800 form factor is perfect to me. I wish we had it on Verizon. I would have one already. Although, I wonder if I would eventually get tired of sliding the phone up to use the keyboard. I kinda like having the keyboard readily available at all times.
    After you get used to the phone..sliding becomes nearly un noticable...its like a 6th sense in my opinion. Writing this reply I was switching between keyboards without a hich
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-05-12 09:20 PM
    I actually liked my 9800 quite a bit; used it for over a year.

I can honestly say I didn't use the slider much. Both portrait and landscape touch keyboards are very useful, and the SureType keyboard turned out to be possibly the most useful of all.

I have large fingers, so the physical keys were a little too narrow. THAT's why I got my new Bold...
    04-05-12 09:26 PM
    Better hope the dang thing don't go into endless boot loop you'll play he!! getting it straighten out. Better back up and start practicing fixing it because fit will happen. Best advice I can give is never upgrade the os or the apps and you might be ok
    04-07-12 09:13 AM
    I have the 9810 and it's much better than the 9800. It's lag free.

The screen is excellent, browsing is fast, pinch to zoom is smooth...

I upgraded from the 9800 and so far no reboots or any other kind of bug

The keyboard is better on the 9810, the keys are flatter and nicer to type on.

I really like this phone and I'm completely looking forward to BB10.
    Last edited by anthogag; 04-07-12 at 10:54 AM.
    04-07-12 10:52 AM
    Loving my Blackberry Torch 9800 had it for a month but just recently i've encountered a problem i have no answer to & need help. While texting if i type words like 'the' after i've typed it then press the spacebar to move on i end up with an apostrophe in it for e.g. t'he then i have to press delete to move back one space to get rid of it. This is becoming annoying, is there anything i can do to fix it, please advise, thanks!
    04-08-12 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD