I just posted this on LinkedIn, enjoy... https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/top-t...pany-jim-opfer
    Jim
    01-11-15 09:51 PM
    That was an excellent top ten! Great read

#CB10 #WorkWide
    01-11-15 10:03 PM
    Well said! The Messenger comparison chart is awesome.

TCB on Z10
    01-11-15 10:04 PM
    I quite enjoyed that. Well done! Keep up the amazing articles.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 10:22 PM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 10:23 PM
    Great read! First time I see something like this. BlackBerry should have done it already!
    01-11-15 10:29 PM
    Wow. That was one of the best posts I have read on here. Great work!

As somebody said earlier, I really liked that messenger comparison chart.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 10:35 PM
    I just posted this on LinkedIn, enjoy... https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/top-t...pany-jim-opfer
    Jim
    Really great post both in depth and substantial quality! Good job I wish someone from CB would have hit it on the head with a post like yours themselves.

Sent from my Q10
    01-11-15 10:40 PM
    Great to see someone posting well written content in a business forum where people should think more carefully and critically.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 10:49 PM
    iMessage does not have to be linked to your phone number if you are not using an iPhone. You don't sign up for iMessage, it is a seamless experience built into iOS. The people you are iMessaging with are the people you already have contacts with and already have their phone number. If you don't want to share your number, you can use any email address you want to link it so if it is a new contact, you can use a burner email (which would be like using a random pin) or your normal email. Also, both WhatsApp and iMessage offer end to end encryption for free, something BBM requires BBM Protected for which costs money.

Apple dominates the Enterprise and government, and also dominates healthcare. They absolutely NEED Apple, because right now they are the ones who have the medical apps doctors and hospitals use on a daily basis. Both Apple and BlackBerry are important in the medical field. I don't have one doctor that does not use an iPad and iPhone combo. They all use to have BlackBerry devices, but not so much anymore.

Where BlackBerry is going to win big is if they can control BYOD. Their own devices? Not so much. At least not relatively soon.

Also with the cars, CarPlay (Apple) and Android Auto runs on top of QNX for now. So you are getting all three at once. Apple and Google don't need to make their own in house systems when their software can just run on top of QNX. But, I would put money on it if Apple and Google did create their own systems, and marketed it saying it will work better with their devices than non Apple/Google infotainment devices, people will eat it up and will want it. It doesn't matter what the car manufacturer wants. It matter what the customer wants, and both Apple and Google have more money than BlackBerry to make it happen. All that being said, QNX is great for auto and I have absolutely no problems with it as long as I can get the best out of my devices. But if either companies decide to block CarPlay or Android auto, people will want the next best thing.

I have family who work for BMW. Customers are deciding not to buy BMWs because the new iPhone docks BMW offers haven't come out yet (may have now but I'm not sure). If little things like that can make them pass on a $50,000 car, so can what I said above.

I do think BlackBerry is on the right track though, and hopefully Chen continues to turn them around. The lack off apps is the real killer for them right now, and hopefully that can change.

Otherwise, nice positive article about BlackBerry. Hopefully more positive news comes along for them.
    kbz1960 and jpvj like this.
    01-11-15 10:55 PM
    Hats off to the OP... great to see such enthusiasm and optimism... in the end however... no matter how good it looks on paper... the measure of whether any of this works is can they make money from it... this is where I am still on the fence.... many large players out there compared to BB and in the end competition could be their undoing.....
    01-11-15 11:00 PM
    Good article.

Via my simply amazing  Q10 10.3.1.1949
    01-11-15 11:46 PM
    Thanks all

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 12:43 AM
    A nice summary of what has been happening at Blackberry. It is interesting to see the momentum build and attitudes shift. Blackberry has always been an innovator, the problem had been one of business execution and monetizing. Chen's hiring was a strong move to deal with the latter issue and I think it is fair to say that the move is paying off. I have been in and out of Blackberry stock for a couple of years, riding on short term buying opportunities. I'm now in for the long haul as the revenue engines are coming online. Lots of upside potential.
    01-12-15 02:40 AM
    A good read, I'd correct the iMessage bit though just to look informed. It doesn't use a phone number nor need a sim card.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-12-15 04:58 AM
    Excellent Article.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 07:20 AM
    Wow. Great article. For anyone reading the forum here that passed on reading the article yet, Go back and read it. Real meat in this article. Loved it.
    01-12-15 07:45 AM
    WOW, very impressive and well thought out article. I love the comparisons. Thanks.
    01-12-15 08:24 AM
    Great article, I loved it

Posted via Q10
    01-12-15 08:24 AM
    Really nice article! Hope everything comes good for BBRY
    01-12-15 08:43 AM
    Very well written and a good read. Thanks.
    01-12-15 08:49 AM
    I put in the iMessage correction. Thanks Jim
    01-12-15 08:55 AM
    Great read. Thanks.
    01-12-15 11:41 AM
    Good post on LinkedIn, Jim.

Zoom Zoom Z30
    01-12-15 12:08 PM
    Very good read. We will have to see if BlackBerry can gain any traction with enterprise and increase their hand set sales. They desperately need some new all touch phones.
    01-12-15 01:13 PM
41 12