D*** this list is worst then Noah's and iphone gets 3rd as a business smartphone that just laughable (in my personal opinion)

1. Blackberry Bold 9700

2. Blackberry Bold 9000

3. Nokia E72

4. Blackberry Tour 9630 No Wifi (personal preference)

5. Touch Pro 2 (Tilt 2)

-. iPhone 3Gs (keep this crap on the consumer list next time)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I pulled straight from the list, personally the only BB on there would be the 9000. 3GS works fine as an enterprise phone unless security is the extreme highest priority. Regardless the toy/consumer phone has forced RIM to cough up the same damn features in their phones now. You going to throw your BB away because of it?
    01-10-10 10:32 PM
    Hahahaha can't argue with you there you made some good points. Google the iphone elite if apple ever releases that it will be my back-up phone no doubt about it. I will never give up my bb though

01-10-10 10:35 PM
    I find that a lot of people that are blackberry users use it for a lot of business work
    01-10-10 11:18 PM
    I find that a lot of people that are blackberry users use it for a lot of business work
    Lol well that's a pretty awesome find (sarcasm), LOL. What else would you use a blackberry for, it built for business users.

01-10-10 11:24 PM
    i surprised to see bb there in the list ..
    01-11-10 02:34 AM
    Lol well that's a pretty awesome find (sarcasm), LOL. What else would you use a blackberry for, it built for business users.

12 year old Middle School students do not use BlackBerrys for business. Neither do my 15 year old cousins. BBs were originally made for business users, now they have branched off into the consumer market. BBs are trendy for kids.
    01-11-10 11:29 AM
    Lol they have not branched off into the consumer market, consumers think they're cool, like you do. Now they are taking steps toward being more consumer friendly (Open Gl, more apps, and improved S2, and purchasing of Torch Mobile), but they aren't yet they still are primarily focused on the business user hence.

01-11-10 01:43 PM
    Lol they have not branched off into the consumer market, consumers think they're cool, like you do. Now they are taking steps toward being more consumer friendly (Open Gl, more apps, and improved S2, and purchasing of Torch Mobile), but they aren't yet they still are primarily focused on what's keeping them owning 41% of the smartphone market, the business user

01-11-10 01:50 PM
    Lol they have not branched off into the consumer market, consumers think they're cool, like you do. Now they are taking steps toward being more consumer friendly (Open Gl, more apps, and improved S2, and purchasing of Torch Mobile), but they aren't yet they still are primarily focused on the business user hence.

RIM has branched off into the consumer space since the drop of the Pearl back in 07. They've been rapidly adding more consumers than enterprise users at a rate of 4:1 since the end of 08. Devices like the Storm (consumer focused) and Curve 85xx (idk any business phone that has distinct audio controls on the top of the phone) reinforce this.

RIM has also stepped into the prepaid game as well with the 8520, and last i checked business people dont use prepaid lol. Its not uncommon to see a teen walking around with a Blackberry, just like you'll see them carrying iPhones as well.

RIM adding those technologies you outlined are from pressure from not only competitors but consumers (take a look at this forum if you need more evidence of that).

Using a BlackBerry used to mean you were part of the elite, only high up people had them, and thus made them a trendy item to own. That halo effect has been good for RIM, people who would never even use a BB to its fullest own them. Now that customer is in the smartphone game, and if RIM wants to keep that customer, then they have to add that compelling content to keep them on their platform.
    01-11-10 02:00 PM
    Your right can't argue with those points

01-11-10 02:04 PM
    ehh interesting list
    01-12-10 12:29 PM
    Lol they have not branched off into the consumer market, consumers think they're cool, like you do. Now they are taking steps toward being more consumer friendly (Open Gl, more apps, and improved S2, and purchasing of Torch Mobile), but they aren't yet they still are primarily focused on what's keeping them owning 41% of the smartphone market, the business user

How can you honestly say they haven't branched off into the consumer market? The whole "cool factor" screams consumer. I don't think BBs are cool. I think they need a lot of work to be "cool". I do however think they are very good business devices and also very good consumer devices (although the iPhone and Android devices I believe are better for consumers).

The Pearl was a huge step towards the consumer marker. So is the Storm. **** even the Curve is.

They can still control and have the business market be their primary concern while branching off into the consumer market.
    01-12-10 06:46 PM
    How can you honestly say they haven't branched off into the consumer market? The whole "cool factor" screams consumer. I don't think BBs are cool. I think they need a lot of work to be "cool". I do however think they are very good business devices and also very good consumer devices (although the iPhone and Android devices I believe are better for consumers).

The Pearl was a huge step towards the consumer marker. So is the Storm. **** even the Curve is.

They can still control and have the business market be their primary concern while branching off into the consumer market.
    All you had to do to save yourself a couple of paragraphs was scroll up, about 2 post and see I agreed with what someone already said in line with what you just wrote a story about. You are right I agree.

01-12-10 06:50 PM
    All you had to do to save yourself a couple of paragraphs was scroll up, about 2 post and see I agreed with what someone already said in line with what you just wrote a story about. You are right I agree.

Sorry I saw a reply to my comment and just clicked reply without looking at the rest of the thread. My bad.
    01-12-10 07:08 PM
    Totally cool, I'm not one to argue if someone else is right, I have nothing to prove on here.

01-12-10 07:10 PM
    HTC Really? You have got to be kidding me. I'm sorry but HTC is not worth the time or the money. Can't believe it.

I had an HTC and that meant dropped calls, never recieved some texts, never wanted to text because the sliding keyboard was not very comfortable, never recieved some phone calls, and I had to return the phone for repair a couple of times.

I traded with some one for a BlackBerry
    Last edited by bella0913; 01-12-10 at 07:18 PM.
    01-12-10 07:11 PM
    Dont worry you are not alone i was also a little bothered that an HTC device beat out the Blackberry 9700
    01-13-10 07:57 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD