But of course Blackberry is listening. Thorsten says so every time. Feedback is the backbone of technology; it demands it. Expect BB's r&d department to solicit opinions from focus groups, polls and surveys and forums such as these. Whether they can work these features requests in with their current development path remains to be seen. They already know about a lot of these but working out the kinks may present other hurdles with software design (repair or improvement, you choose the word). We'll see some of these as they are natural progressions of the build. I caution against the lofty expectations and the subsequent disappointments when these mods are/aren't made.

All-in-all, it's a great product and the beginning of something very special. And besides, having the BB finger on the pulse of it's market through monitoring these forums is a inexpensive focus group responding as they expected. BB is a very smart company! Go BB!

Rockin' my Z tomorrow!
    04-03-13 11:45 PM
    I would like to see what I would consider common features made easier to find like putting a call on hold. I had to look up in the help to learn that a long press on the mute button puts the call on hold.

The blackberry has always been the best overall communicator available in the mobile space, so I expect a simple feature like putting a call on hold to be easier to find without going to the help file.

Posted via CB10
    earlym likes this.
    04-04-13 08:14 AM
    Here's a bug:

When group texting, I get each individual 's last message as an unread message. Still happens when I delete all prior conversations.

Or is this just me?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 09:19 AM
    Funny how people come on here complaining of "bugs" and making feature requests (yes, they are not bugs, they are actually feature requests) like Crackberry.com forums are the beall, endall for all feedback you need BlackBerry to be aware of.
    It may interest people to know that BlackBerry does indeed host its own forum where your requests might just get more action.
    The Crackberry forums are, IMHO, awesome for genuine help requests, Fanboy raves (troll rants too), News blips, and general BlackBerry commerce. Don't put too much reliance that BlackBerry comes here regularly making note of user feedback when they have their own platform for that.
    While I don't doubt that BB does visit and read various posts here (it would be bad business not to) from time to time, I'm sure that these requests will carry more weight on the BB site itself than on here.
    04-04-13 03:55 PM
    You should pull the trigger on the Z10 unless the followings:
    . You are on a contract and not eligible for upgrade.
    . You are on a month-to-month but don't have the fund to buy the Z10 outright AND you are not with T-Mobile.
    Makes me wonder if I should just stay with my 9930???? Harder to learn when you're older....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-04-13 04:09 PM
    How cool would it be if Crackberry let us vote on the top feature requests, then the BB devs could consider that when making changes.
    Even cooler: any feature request that gets more than X votes, will be officially responded (but perhaps not implemented) to by BB.
    That'd be so cool. This site is a hub of BB10 users. I think it deserves a voice.
    04-06-13 06:33 PM
    I contribute by NOT making thread titles that can sway potential customers away for no reason. I also contribute by NOT confusing my wish list for improved personal preferences as bugs.

Posted via CB10
    Well you're definitely not swayed. Besides not "confusing" people, what would have to add to today's standard?
    04-06-13 06:38 PM
    Find it hard to believe you can have a few good points and then ruin your credibility by calling them bugs? Doesn't make sense. Anyway, I'm sure some of these will be addressed for your liking. Now make a list of the top 13 miracles of the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Seems like valid points, and the op edited his post to reflect that it is not really bugs. To keep commenting on bugs is splitting hairs.
    04-07-13 07:00 AM
    Cool ideas. Just about all of these are feature requests, not bugs. Just a few comments:

Apps will likely never be able to be moved to the SD card because this is a security concern.

The OS will skip frames when the UI thread has a heavy load. iOS is better when it comes to frame loss because the iOS mantra is that the UI thread must get an ultra high priority. However, iOS is still not a real time operating system like BlackBerry and I suspect that this is the source of the difference in frame rates. iOS puts on a beautiful facade but the UI speed is (obviously) not an indication of how fast things load. BlackBerry will inevitably reduce frame dropping but they will take a different path than iOS.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 07:59 AM
    Cool ideas. Just about all of these are feature requests, not bugs. Just a few comments:

Apps will likely never be able to be moved to the SD card because this is a security concern.

The OS will skip frames when the UI thread has a heavy load. iOS is better when it comes to frame loss because the iOS mantra is that the UI thread must get an ultra high priority. However, iOS is still not a real time operating system like BlackBerry and I suspect that this is the source of the difference in frame rates. iOS puts on a beautiful facade but the UI speed is (obviously) not an indication of how fast things load. BlackBerry will inevitably reduce frame dropping but they will take a different path than iOS.

Posted via CB10
    Would this also mean that Android is also a real time operating system? They also lose frames.

When it comes to mobile devices, what other task would require process priority? A background service as in a Web server? Either way, a rtos is suppose to execute instructions and do it fast within an time frame and no later. If it is done right, then what you said would be irrelevant.

It all comes down to user experience as perceived via the UI. And then through the UI, comes usability. Improvement and quality must be maintained at the core foundation, which is already good in memory management. Then, the upper layer of the system structure and, that's the UI, should be looked at. Consumers don't know the difference and will judge and decide accordingly.
    04-09-13 01:32 PM
    Seems like valid points, and the op edited his post to reflect that it is not really bugs. To keep commenting on bugs is splitting hairs.
    The posts I wrote were written along time ago. Your reading them as people reply with my quote I believe. Yes, very cool he changed it. He made good points, just misleading I guess.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 04-09-13 at 07:59 PM.
    rottonj likes this.
    04-09-13 07:33 PM
    Would this also mean that Android is also a real time operating system? They also lose frames.
    Android is not a real time operating system. Neither iOS nor SNES are real time operating systems and they both lose frames too.

When it comes to mobile devices, what other task would require process priority? A background service as in a Web server? Either way, a rtos is suppose to execute instructions and do it fast within an time frame and no later. If it is done right, then what you said would be irrelevant.
    RTOS's do not implicitly execute instructions fast or faster. UI is not a process. UI occurs on a thread and there is one UI thread per process (although it seems the UI thread may spawn helper threads on BB10). Processes have threads. To answer your question, in general there is no good way of knowing which thread is more imporant to execute other than the priority that is set on it. The exception would be the foreground and system processes which would get priority over many other processes.

Although your understanding of operating systems needs work, there is some grain of truth in what you say. As I said before, the UI thread can be given a high priority which is what occurs on iOS and this would result in smoother animations. The question is why would you make a RTOS give a really high priority to the UI thread? It kills multitasking and defeats the purpose of using a RTOS. It's a commonly debated topic and your arguments (although technically off) are not unfounded.

As all platforms add more power to the hardware, the differences in software performance become harder to notice. When iOS moves to quad core, it will be able to achieve better multitasking. When BB moves to quad core, it will be able to achieve better frame rates. That's how you will see better frame rates on BB10.

It all comes down to user experience as perceived via the UI. And then through the UI, comes usability. Improvement and quality must be maintained at the core foundation, which is already good in memory management. Then, the upper layer of the system structure and, that's the UI, should be looked at. Consumers don't know the difference and will judge and decide accordingly.
    Most of the world doesn't use iOS and doesn't care about the 60 fps stuff you are bringing up. Comments about the new platform say that it's already very fast. There are a select few who are gullible enough to think that driving fast to the red light gets you to your destination faster, but people like these are in the minority. If you want everything running at 60 fps then I have no problem with you requesting it, I know I certainly like 60 fps animations.
    04-09-13 10:25 PM
    When using balance and work space is unlocked and you add a new contact it defaults to adding it as a personal contact and not in the work space. Thus it won't get synced.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:36 PM
    Get off apples nuts...iphones suck. go back to ios if you think it's the greatest thing on the market. I can agree with the copy and paste issues, but for the most part you're nagging about stuff you're used to. I come from an Android, if you're not on board to learn and go along with the development, then get off it. It's a different phone. PERIOD.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-11-13 03:52 AM
    Get off apples nuts...iphones suck. go back to ios if you think it's the greatest thing on the market. I can agree with the copy and paste issues, but for the most part you're nagging about stuff you're used to. I come from an Android, if you're not on board to learn and go along with the development, then get off it. It's a different phone. PERIOD.

Posted via CB10
    That's interesting. What I'd also like to hear is why you think "iPhones suck". Last I recall, there are more iPhones sold per brand than any Android devices. I understand that since you're coming from Android, I must ask you: How long have you owned and used an Android device? And what experiences have you gathered from using an Android device before coming to BB10? Anyone can make a safe assumption and say BB10 is the next best thing over Android and that's probably where you're at and nothing else.

What stuff are nags? I'd also like to know because when I wrote that piece, I made sure that those points are sound and common sense to a BASIC standard people can easily use, especially, coming from another platform and unbiased. Instead, your attitude of "put up or shut up" stifles ideas or further innovation to the least common denominator. If I made that jump after 6 years it means I know damn well that there's room for improvement on the Z10 and at least I'm speaking my feedback unlike some ho hum-sitting-back-let's-enjoy-the-ride group of individuals.

Neutrals bringing back basic ideas don't need to be attacked by ones like you. You do it because it is fun and easy, not because you are humble.

A big plus for BB, however, is innovation. It is very clear that everything on BB10 is original and not a rip off of anyone elses. Now that's respect. Now we gotta provide constructive feedback is all what we should be doing. Not bashing, trolling, finger pointing and flaming people who has a different view than what you have; rather, learn from their experiences. Gosh.
    Last edited by WhiteSpir1t; 04-11-13 at 06:56 PM.
    04-11-13 06:28 PM
    Anal much?

No.

A lot of bugs implies that a platform developer is either incompetent or has low standards.

A lot of missing features COULD imply such things, but it could also be for various benign reasons that have nothing to do with "competence".

When you bring up the "bubble", tap on the left or right side of the "bubble" to move the cursor over a character.

Yeah but honestly, text-editing on the Z10/BB10 right now is a disaster IMHO. I didn't think it was possible but it's almost as bad as WebOS was in that regard when it was first released.

And I'm apparently one of the few people that doesn't think much of the Z10 keyboard. I make so many errors with it it's not funny. (And I'm a FAST typist on a physical keyboard)

I thought I'd give "typing on glass" a go, but as it turns out, I hate it. No fingertip physical feedback, no mechanical distinctions between keys, the onscreen keyboard wastes half of the screen real-estate and pops up / pops down at the "wrong" time about 50% of the time, or blocks things on-screen that you need to see or operate, etc etc.

I find myself wishing for a Q10 with dedicated physical green/red "off hook"/"on hook" buttons and a trackpad. Sigh.

What I'd also like to hear is why you think "iPhones suck". Last I recall, there are more iPhones sold per brand than any Android devices.

Careful. Customers of mass-market technology devices are often the WORST measure of the "quality" of said products. I was reminded of this on a daily basis back in the many years I spent in retail selling technology-centric equipment.

People often buy products for the most ridiculous and absurd reasons. Especially when it comes to mass consumer items like cellphones and smartphones.
    04-12-13 07:56 PM
66 123