They forgot to put the iPhone 6 Plus on the list. The bendy one lol

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 03:30 AM
    While "ugly" really is subjective, I'd have to agree that No.1 really is the winner in that category, simply because it looks more like a game controller for a 3 year old rather than a phone....
    10-26-14 04:23 AM
    I owned an LG Optimus Quantum! And I liked it. Lol
    It looks pretty useful and handy...
    Could have been a good phone for its time.

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    10-26-14 07:59 AM
    They forgot to put the iPhone 6 Plus on the list. The bendy one lol

Posted via CB10
    If mine ever bends I'll let you know how it looks.

Of course it hasn't yet, but don't let that stop you. A lot of people are posting about the screens separating from their Passports, let's all run around parroting it in every thread to make it sound like a tsunami of bent phones and separated screens!

Doesn't make either a wide spread problem that happens easily to everyone.

Enough already.
    sentimentGX4 and Witmen like this.
    10-26-14 09:52 AM
    It seems any phone which is not a 16:9 slab is deemed ugly. I was surprised the I phone 3 was on there. I think the author had 6 legitimate choices then randomly picked a 6 others.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 10:01 AM
    While "ugly" really is subjective, I'd have to agree that No.1 really is the winner in that category, simply because it looks more like a game controller for a 3 year old rather than a phone....
    In the N-Gage's defense, it is actually a feature phone released in 2003 and technology tends to look better with time. If you picked out some other phones from around its time, it wouldn't look so bad. For example, Blackberry's phones looked like this.
    BlackBerry 6720 - Full phone specifications

So, in a way, the author kind of cheated by picking the N-Gage when the rest of the list were all smartphones and much newer. Cellphones really didn't start looking attractive till post-iPhone when everybody had large, vibrant displays.

I actually remember seeing the N-Gage in Gamestop and thinking it was the coolest thing ever.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    10-26-14 10:10 AM
    I was always envious about peeps having the N-Gage, I could not afford it as a kid

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 10:56 AM
    In the N-Gage's defense, it is actually a feature phone released in 2003 and technology tends to look better with time. If you picked out some other phones from around its time, it wouldn't look so bad. For example, Blackberry's phones looked like this.
    BlackBerry 6720 - Full phone specifications

So, in a way, the author kind of cheated by picking the N-Gage when the rest of the list were all smartphones
    N-Gage was a smartphone powered by Symbian. I had one. Anyway, it was interesting experiment.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-26-14 02:21 PM
    at least the passport is not in it
    10-26-14 02:30 PM
    at least the passport is not in it
    That's what I was expecting...

I also figured there would be a token IP in there just to show no bias

Also I want to echo what was said about the constant "bendgate" comments...let it go FGS!
    reeneebob likes this.
    10-26-14 03:45 PM
    What a load of bullocks, you have to click through 12 screens to see them, I didn't bother, they are just looking clicks to make money on ads.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 04:40 PM
    If mine ever bends I'll let you know how it looks.

Of course it hasn't yet, but don't let that stop you. A lot of people are posting about the screens separating from their Passports, let's all run around parroting it in every thread to make it sound like a tsunami of bent phones and separated screens!

Doesn't make either a wide spread problem that happens easily to everyone.

Enough already.
    Yeah that needs to stop because there seems to be some major build quality issues with the Passport that people should be focusing on in here instead of worrying about the phone. Mine now has major dust under the screen and the T key is sticking. I'm dreading dealing with digital river to try and get this replaced.
    10-26-14 06:24 PM
    Yeah that needs to stop because there seems to be some major build quality issues with the Passport that people should be focusing on in here instead of worrying about the phone. Mine now has major dust under the screen and the T key is sticking. I'm dreading dealing with digital river to try and get this replaced.
    You're joking. Seriously? They STILL get the dust under the screen thing?

I remember vacuuming out my curve. Heh.
    10-26-14 06:49 PM
    There are some phones that should be on that list... although, I've been a fan of the Porsche designed BlackBerry's. For using such a high-level luxury name, you'd think they'd actually try to design something with some level of... design.
    10-26-14 07:53 PM
    Wow the P9981 (or P9983 that they were describing) look fine, great IMO. Certainly not bad enough by almost anyone's standards to be number #2 on worst looking phones.

Oh and slideshow :/
    10-26-14 08:13 PM
    Some of those phones aren't even ugly, I sort of dig the EVO. Anyway. Porsche design was definitely ugly. I completely agree. Maybe not #2 on the list, but it's definitely ugly. Kinda dig the "Kin" it's a bit out of the ordinary. What's stupid is that the iphone has mostly looked the same since the original was released. I can't understand why it's on the list. Not only that, but the iphone isn't by any means ugly. It's not revolutionary, but not ugly either.

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    10-26-14 08:20 PM
    Regardless of the wrong Porsche phone being up there, Porsche phones are for people with more money than taste anyway.

Also, N-Gage, hahaha.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    10-26-14 08:24 PM
    "Ugly" is a subjective term. You can't be "factually" wrong by saying something is ugly.
    Nor "factually right".

Articles like this just ask for a flame war because they'll offend someone who disagrees.

Both this article and a lot of the comments in this thread show one of the ultimate problems with discussion forums. People have a habit of acting as though their opinions are facts and their personal tastes are the dictator of what is good taste or bad.

I thought plenty of these were ugly, but what makes me right and someone who likes them wrong really?
    10-26-14 09:25 PM
    Yup. I haven't found any of the Porsche designs to be nice. I prefer the regular BlackBerry devices.

Posted using my Asus Transformer TF700T via the CrackBerry App
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    10-26-14 09:57 PM
    Agree with iPhone 3G/S, a really ugly looking phone!

Posted with BlackBerry Z30 - OS 10.3.1.821
    10-26-14 09:59 PM
    Some of them are so ugly that ugliness in that case turns into cuteness(:
    10-27-14 03:24 AM
    The street just put up this embarrassment of an article:

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12927...o&cm_ven=YAHOO

I'm not gonna let off any spoilers but factually the only BlackBerry on that list is completely wrong.

Posted via CB10
    That article is 100% correct.

All the phones on there including the first BB Porsche are ugly phones.
    10-27-14 04:02 AM
    N-Gage was a smartphone powered by Symbian. I had one. Anyway, it was interesting experiment.
    Yep, it used S60, but the games weren't hot swappable.
    Biggest downside.
    I bought one for the lols, sometimes in 2005 I think.

And I totally agree with the 3G/S being ugly as eff.
    They totally dropped the ball with that one, after the incredibly awesome iPhone 1 design.

The iPhone 4 was epicly awesome though.
    The build quality (ignoring antennagate, which was a design issue) and looks were outstanding. Best phone of the whole generation in that regard.
    Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 04:05 AM
    Never used another smart phone other than BlackBerry.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-27-14 06:01 AM
    That`s a Conspiracy indeed
    haha
    porche is our Zeus . and we worship it`s Design
    10-27-14 06:02 AM
57 123