I actually thought about another one the other night. Get James Earl Jones to do a voiceover, obviously reminiscent of his "if you build it they will come" speech, talking about the heyday of BlackBerry (on screen would be stock images of people out with friends, being productive at work, etc with a berry in hand, maybe use some footage of old BB commercials as well) and people are wanting to relive that experience and not even know it (of course not mentioning spinning clocks, bad browser, etc lol). He could say something about times changing and people demanding more from their mobile devices and BlackBerry has risen to the challenge and going over features of the BB10 devices (and on screen showing people using them in ways they never thought imaginable). It could end with a non-descript carrier store putting up a sign in the front window for the Z10 and Q10, panning out to a long line of cars driving up to the store, and of course a voiceover of "If you build it, they will come."

Bribe those on the marketing team from Apple and Samsung to become traitors and give BlackBerry their secrets.

Personally I would like to see Psy, the Gangnam style guy, as a BlackBerry promoter and ambassador. He would make a great trojan horse.
    05-30-13 05:28 AM

Personally I would like to see Psy, the Gangnam style guy, as a BlackBerry promoter and ambassador. He would make a great trojan horse.
    I know, right?

Um... Next!

This is how you CB10, son!
    MarsupilamiX and kbz1960 like this.
    05-30-13 05:50 AM
    Everyone here has some great ideas! Maybe BlackBerry should hire us all as their advertising team I live in a small town of 8000 people and I only talk to one person on BBM, my best friend. I have never seen another Z10 and I've never ever seen a Q10 at all! We have 1 phone shop here and they do have a picture of a Z and the competition on a poster in the window. I've been trying to sell my bestie a Q10. She doesn't want to be on contract anymore and can afford a pay as u go one no problem. She's not interested. All she says is 'I'm bored of BlackBerry' she is not even aware of BB10 and she's on her 3rd BlackBerry! But she says she wants a curvy phone that's not big and slim (most touchscreen phones are big and slim so her only option is the Q anyways...) I have another friend who was talking about her iPhone 5. 3 weeks after having it she had to send it back cuz it broke, and for a short while she was back on BBM slagging off BlackBerry. This was around the same time I got my beautiful Z. I was telling her how great it was and all I got back was 'if u had an iPhone ud 4get about BB' and 'I'm just not wiv tht BB hype anymore'. She's a typical follower of trends, the same person who convinced me to get my first BlackBerry! Come on BB u really need to do a good job of advertising, right now people don't have a clue!

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-30-13 06:40 AM
    Depends on the angle. Do you want a positive message or negative? If negative I'd think an approach similar to Microsofts scroogled ad might work in BlackBerrys target market. The security and privacy conscious.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    I love the new commercial making Siri look stupid. It's a hoot.
    05-30-13 07:21 AM
    I know, right?

http://static1.businessinsider.com/i...pistachios.jpg

Um... Next!

This is how you CB10, son!
    I am serious about that
    This guy has his origins in South Korea, where THE biggest Android manufacturer is located.

Just to pi$$ them off, it would be an awesome idea.
    And the young ones adore him. If he says BlackBerry is way cooler than Samsung, it would surely have an impact.

Maybe someone should make a Gangnam Style parody, called "BlackBerry style"?

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 07:23 AM
    Imagine him like this:

Saying: Buy a BlackBerry!

Then,

Put a Z10/Q10 in their hands, and they just became even sexier.

And that's what he's doing with his S4 after receiving a Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 07:26 AM
    from my point of view ..

i dont like keep moving slogan it always reminding me with some slogan from disney animation meet the robinsons "keep moving forward" and make me think blackberry marketing team only copying it.

meanwhile tools not toys on the past make it worse its slogan only telling me "its just an self pity excuse" and make their image suffer "only for business people" not "all you can do device"

what blackberry need like other poster said is make a slogan / commercial that give impression that blackberry right now is not the same as blackberry it used to. right now public perception of blackberry is still the same like it used to.

and naming their new OS BB10 i dont think it help. people only think its just an update from their last blackberry os. same as other platform doing every year ( example ios from 6 to 7 etc)
    Last edited by garnok; 06-01-13 at 09:20 AM.
    06-01-13 08:05 AM
    Are there some people who actually think that BlackBerry's marketing is good?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 09:14 AM
    A good compromise might be to show how much more quickly one can get one's work done so that they can enjoy more play. That was the missing ingredient from the tools not toys campaign.

Posted via CB10
    I think this is a great idea. It's perfect. Saying not only does it do both (work and play), but it does the one fast so you can do the other faster. Brilliant.

Also liked the other posters idea of a mom or dad using their BlackBerry at work or doing work on their BlackBerry and the.n coming home and show the fun side of the device with kids playing games or watching videos or making a story time video or something like that.

Some really good ideas here everyone. Nicely done. Now if we could just get BlackBerry to listen to us here.

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    06-01-13 08:02 PM

and naming their new OS BB10 i dont think it help. people only think its just an update from their last blackberry os. same as other platform doing every year ( example ios from 6 to 7 etc)
    I'm just curious, what would you have liked them to name it? I thought jumping up to the #10 was a good idea. Going with a 2 digit number making it seen bigger and 10 being the first 2 digit number . Makes it seem it's much bigger/better than BBos 6 or 7. That's just how I personally see it. I think the name BlackBerry 10 is a nice clean name.

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    06-01-13 08:08 PM
    Just had a great night at failte's in Waterloo singing along with the band, and the keyboard corrects everything perfectly without mistakes! Keeps you moving!
    Keeps you Moving, so you can Keep Drinking
    06-02-13 09:27 AM
    When talking about "keep moving" I always tend to associate it with:

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 12:41 AM
    Just throwing this out there. I've noted in some threads a lot of references to "tools not toys", which was from what I can tell is a pre-BB10 marketing slogan in early to mid 2012 (I wasn't a BB user at the time, had to look it up when a few people referenced it). It's often cited in a negative manner as a bad marketing slogan that backfired on them, hence with the new BB10 series we now have "Keep Moving". I don't mind it, but have also seen some references making fun of that slogan. I guess in a way it leans more to the business enterprise market and is a 'wink' at the idea of a buttonless OS and Peek / Flow.

Armchair quarterback here� I see a greater emphasis with Blackberry now on Music/Movies/TV in Blackberry World and especially the big push on Gaming. Mortal Combat 4 is now available, and many big game devs are on board for the new platform. So while clearly aiming at the business market, they seem to be "all in" on the consumer market (finally).

I'm not a big phone gamer (or anywhere else), but I have thrown videos, music and tv shows on the Z10 and love the multimedia capabilities built into BB10. The OS has clearly been built with entertainment in mind and beyond the 'app gap', I think is a compelling aspect that many people are largely unaware of to this day. And yet I personally don�t have a sense of that being reflected in BB Marketing.

I think something along the lines of a message that says the BB10 allows you to Work Hard, and Play Hard, not just pushing the idea of Blackberry Balance (which still leans on the business aspect) would be a good idea. Like a corporate Mom or Dad (typical stereotype BB user of the past) but when they go home they use the phone to film the kids, edit it on Storymaker and then "Play ON" the TV much to the delight of their children. Just a quick example to illustrate, I'm not in Marketing�

Clearly it's built for Play as well as Work, but how many people know that.

Any other thoughts, ideas would be welcome. Cheers.
    'Work Hard, Play Hard' are lyrics to a rap song. It would be cool if they added it to a commercial.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 06:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    hahahahaha
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-16-13 09:53 AM
    Imagine him like this:
    http://www.ithinkmedia.co.uk/wp-cont...gnam-style.jpg
    Saying: Buy a BlackBerry!

Then,
    http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...-Style-008.jpg
    Put a Z10/Q10 in their hands, and they just became even sexier.

http://www.kapcha.co.nz/wp-content/u...12/09/psy6.jpg
    And that's what he's doing with his S4 after receiving a Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Lmao!!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 07:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Dude that commercial is sort of similar to the BlackBerry live/work commercial.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 07:31 PM
    Dude that commercial is sort of similar to the BlackBerry live/work commercial.

Posted via CB10
    I guess BlackBerry should change their Marketing if Rexona makes similar commercials xD

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 07:35 PM
    I guess BlackBerry should change their Marketing if Rexona makes similar commercials xD

Posted via CB10
    I mean both commercials seem to be talking about the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 07:45 PM
    Z10 rocks!!! Please write short messages and replies if you want anyone to read it.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 07:59 PM
    Well, tools need apps!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 05:54 AM
    Well, tools need apps!

Posted via CB10
    Or Rexona!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 06:01 AM
    Firstly, congrats on your "Masterful" 1,000th post!
    (Not sure if you noticed.)

Great points.
    BBRY really needs more advertising that shows features & usage. Keep it simple, but show people more of the great stuff you can do, already!
    Ads ala apple?
    06-18-13 06:18 AM
    Just throwing this out there. I've noted in some threads a lot of references to "tools not toys", which was from what I can tell is a pre-BB10 marketing slogan in early to mid 2012 (I wasn't a BB user at the time, had to look it up when a few people referenced it). It's often cited in a negative manner as a bad marketing slogan that backfired on them, hence with the new BB10 series we now have "Keep Moving". I don't mind it, but have also seen some references making fun of that slogan. I guess in a way it leans more to the business enterprise market and is a 'wink' at the idea of a buttonless OS and Peek / Flow.

Armchair quarterback here� I see a greater emphasis with Blackberry now on Music/Movies/TV in Blackberry World and especially the big push on Gaming. Mortal Combat 4 is now available, and many big game devs are on board for the new platform. So while clearly aiming at the business market, they seem to be "all in" on the consumer market (finally).

I'm not a big phone gamer (or anywhere else), but I have thrown videos, music and tv shows on the Z10 and love the multimedia capabilities built into BB10. The OS has clearly been built with entertainment in mind and beyond the 'app gap', I think is a compelling aspect that many people are largely unaware of to this day. And yet I personally don�t have a sense of that being reflected in BB Marketing.

I think something along the lines of a message that says the BB10 allows you to Work Hard, and Play Hard, not just pushing the idea of Blackberry Balance (which still leans on the business aspect) would be a good idea. Like a corporate Mom or Dad (typical stereotype BB user of the past) but when they go home they use the phone to film the kids, edit it on Storymaker and then "Play ON" the TV much to the delight of their children. Just a quick example to illustrate, I'm not in Marketing�

Clearly it's built for Play as well as Work, but how many people know that.

Any other thoughts, ideas would be welcome. Cheers.
    BB will have a hard time shaking those tools not toys ads. I think it's the word "Blackberry" itself is what turns people off. People think of phones with kb, and devices that you can't do much other email, call and text.
    06-18-13 06:22 AM
48 12