I just starrted with my first blackberry about two weeks ago and its a curve. I must say I love this phone and it is my first smart phone. My carrier is verizon and I was way past due on an upgrade so I picked the curve.
    Now I am doubting myself because I am seeing posts about the curve dying or phasing out. Did I make a mistake? I don't want a touch screen at all so the storm I wasn't interested in and I don't use my phone for business. I am having second thoughts after reading some curve hating posts!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 05:24 PM
    I dont think anyone really hates there curve .. this is a place where people go to help find answers to a prob they might be having with there phone so you are going to see a lot of whats wrong with my phone post kinda things ..
    Curves are great and I love mine more then any phone I have ever had.
    As for if you made the wrong choice that is some thing only you can answer. If you are the type of person who has to have the newest phone then you might wanna wait cuz we all hope there will be a lot of new ones coming out soon . but if that is not an issue ( having the latest ) then you will be very happy with the curve !
    09-22-08 05:31 PM
    Well I already have it and plus I am with verizon. The only new berry they will be releasing in the near future is the storm right? And I am not interested in a touch screen heh

09-22-08 05:51 PM
    dude the Curve is a bada** phone. just stick with it. its not gonna die out
    09-22-08 05:57 PM
    I was one that rushed to get the Pearl with Verizon when it launched, I as the first one to buy one at our local store. Not a few months later the Curve came, I had actually canceled my contract with Verizon due to some issues that were not my fault. Now I am with Sprint and I too went with the Pearl.

Your prob thinking what does this have to do with your question. Point is, the Curve is a nice phone, just as I think the Pearl is, Sprint has already discontinued the Pearl I am told and yet, Its a nice phone and will remain. If your happy with your Curve, then you did not make a mistake. If you have to have the latest and greatest, and by your own words you do not want touch screen, then you can get something else.
    09-22-08 05:59 PM
    As maof2 posted previously...the curve is a great phone! The Curve is a proven phone and already has many software applications ready to go and the bugs worked out. This is a great time to get a Curve. When you are ready to move on to another BB device, you will even have more options than what are available today. And even if you devide to get one of the newer released phones, they will have come down in cost and be even a better product than what the initial users obtain.

This is not a slam to folks that want the newest stuff as it shows up at a store. I think that is great! But; me personally, getting a device that costs less and is a more "mature" product is a better option.
    09-22-08 06:05 PM
    Man you guys are making me feel a lot better, I really do love the curve and I liked my decision for my first smart phone. Then I started to read some hype and began to doubt myself heh

09-22-08 06:28 PM
    i love my curve! it never lets me down
    09-22-08 06:34 PM
    The biggest thing to keep in mind is a good deal of those
    Curve hating posts/threads are the result of the user doing
    something they should not have, or didn't fully understand.

Go slow, learn as much as you can, ask questions here for things
    you cant find the answer to and most of all don't let pride get in
    the way of admitting what you don't know and you'll be fine
    and quite pleased with your phone.
    09-22-08 06:38 PM
    I just got my Curve 2 months ago and there's no way that I feel like I've got old tech, regardless of the new berrys being released. I'll be happy with my Curve until the next generation BBs come out!
    09-22-08 06:40 PM
    How could anyone hate the Curve? It is a great BB to have.
    09-22-08 06:43 PM
    Hang wit the Curve man,you will not be disappointed.
    09-22-08 06:53 PM
    Yeah, the Curve works great. I like it better than the Pearl. My first Curve was defective. Verizon replaced it. No problems since. In fact, my wife started playing with it, and replaced her brand new enV2 with a pink Curve - no problems at all with it.

Okay, SHE has problems, but it isn't the Curve's fault! The "Problems" are going away as she learns to use the Curve. It's her first smartphone, and the complexity both impresses and intimidates her. Once she learns how to do something new, she usually remarks "Well, that was easy".

Enjoy your Curve. I, too have no interest in a touchscreen. I WILL replace my Curve when the CDMA version of the Javelin comes to Verizon (Niagra?). I expect it to be available about the time I can upgrade my phone next year.

No hurry. No worries.
    09-22-08 07:04 PM
    The Curve is a sweet device! Its probably hands down, the coolest BB I've ever owned. However, like with all devices its about to be yesterday's news. As soon as my carrier puts out an upgrade to the Curve, there'll be no looking back.
    09-22-08 07:14 PM
    I think of my Curve as my mini, pocketable PC for email and web browsing. My friends get a kick out of the fact that they can ask me questions and I can google up answers on restaurants, phone numbers, google maps, even if you dont have VZ Nav, get Google maps, Oh, and Moodio.fm

Damn, I forget how much fun this thing is.

Love it. you will too.
    09-22-08 09:16 PM
    I wish I had a curve I have a pearl and I love it I still have my 8700g BlackBerrys are great devices you can never go wrong when choosing a blackberry.

09-22-08 09:53 PM
    how could u not like a curve....its everything u can ever want in a non touch screen device....
    09-23-08 12:12 AM
    Well I have the curve and I absolutely love it. I have never had ANY issues, which is odd because I always seem to get the dud, but not in this case! I love the curve!!
    09-24-08 12:24 PM
    the curve is amazing i dont know why poeple would doubt it i just got mine saturday and fell in love
    09-24-08 02:40 PM
    the curve is amazing i dont know why poeple would doubt it i just got mine and fell in love
    Same here!!! Mine's a month old, only 1 issue!!!
    09-24-08 03:53 PM
    I got my Curve back in mid-June and all of a sudden I started seeing all the hype for the Bold. Now of course Verizon has no chance of getting this phone anytime soon (if ever). But now I see all sorts of cool stuff planned. However, my Curve is amazing! If you ever feel like your curve is being phased out, just look at the phones your friends are carrying. I'm very lucky to have a Blackberry when many of my friends are still on very old phones with no email (seriously, how did I ever live without email on my phone?) Works every time!
    09-24-08 04:33 PM
    The new qwerty BB's (Javelin/Niagara and Bold) won't come to Verizon until next summer at the earliest, which means your Curve still has the best internet (EV-DO) of any qwerty blackberry! And as some have pointed out, having a mature device is not necessarily a bad thing. And it's not like RIM will stop supporting your Curve any time soon; you'll be able to upgrade to new OS's for the next few years!

Not posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 06:39 PM
    I got my curve about 2 months ago, and if I was making the choice again tomorrow, I'd still get the curve.
    09-28-08 07:17 PM
    ive had alot of different phones and the curve 8330 is absolutley the best stick with it!
    09-28-08 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD