I just upgraded to 4.5. I saw the thread that Blackberry.com was allowing the upgrades no matter what your carrier was. It went thru very easy...only about 15 minutes or so. I don't want to jinx myself, but are there things that I need to check to make sure that they worked?

I've already called and my ringtones are ok, I can connect to the internet and I've sent myself an email. One question that I have is that when I delete an email from my device, it no longer asks if I wanted it deleted from my device, my regular email or both. Is this normal or do I need to set something else up? I have not synced to my desktop yet. Should I do that?

Thanks for any advice. So far it looks really great!
    10-07-08 05:08 PM
    It's not meant to be a painful process, sounds like everything went ok.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 05:19 PM
    What are the major differences between Verizon 4.3 and 4.5?

I seem to recall that with 4.5 voice dial is no longer active. Is this true?

Blueraven
    10-07-08 06:25 PM
    HTML email is the major new feature

10-07-08 06:33 PM
    Has everyone else had good luck with the upgrade?

I just ran through the process, and the upgrade installer is telling me I'm already running the latest software (I just checked, and my device is telling me it's running 4.2.2.170)

Any tips? I'm running an 8310 on AT&T, FWIW.
    10-07-08 08:11 PM
    Delete the Vendor.xml file

10-07-08 10:40 PM
    Ha ! Guess I'm about the only chicken out here waiting for AT&T to support 4.5 before I upgrade. I'm not in a big hurry, loaded Empower so I'm happy for now

10-07-08 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD