This is probably not the proper forum to request help, but I really need help with this.

I only use my Bold 9900 for calls, emails, text messages, and occasionally surf the browser. Today I tried sending my wife a text message with a picture and a music clip that would play when she opened the message, but I failed miserably. I have no idea how to do it, or if my phone is capable of doing that.

If anyone knows how to do it, please enlighten me. It was very common before smartphones. Text messages that would play a song (without having to download the music file) while 3-5 slides were shown. Is it possible to do on a Bold 9900? If so, I would really appreciate some guidance.

Thanks!
    02-19-13 08:03 PM
    How big is the music file? I am able to send a picture sized (859 KB) and a music file sized (59 KB) from my Bold to a Samsung and a 9810 and it goes through and is received just fine.

I ask because when attempting to send a larger music file a (4mb) song, and the same (59KB) picture I get a warning that says "Message content size exceeds limit". Are you getting the same warning?

Perhaps there is a limit to the amount of data you can send via SMS. If the recipient is on BB try BBM.
    02-19-13 09:33 PM
    This is probably not the proper forum to request help, but I really need help with this.

I only use my Bold 9900 for calls, emails, text messages, and occasionally surf the browser. Today I tried sending my wife a text message with a picture and a music clip that would play when she opened the message, but I failed miserably. I have no idea how to do it, or if my phone is capable of doing that.

If anyone knows how to do it, please enlighten me. It was very common before smartphones. Text messages that would play a song (without having to download the music file) while 3-5 slides were shown. Is it possible to do on a Bold 9900? If so, I would really appreciate some guidance.

Thanks!
    Initiate the text message.....
    ...Click the blackberry key &.
    ...Select "Attach".

You can select Picture / audio / video / voice note, etc, etc.

Once you select what type of "file" you simply browse to the file and highlight it....
    ...Viola - push the blackberry key again to select "SEND" and off it goes.

This is something Blackberry has always done WAY RIGHT....
    ...Best device on the planet for texting and sending short media!
    02-19-13 09:37 PM