I have a TomTom GPS that supports bluetooth pairing with my Blackberry. From what I understand, you can get automatically updating traffic conditions and gas prices.

Does anybody else do this with their GPS unit? If so, what other cool things can you do with it? I'd love to know, so I can see if my TomTom supports it.

TIA
    12-21-08 08:17 AM
    check out tomtomforums.com you'll find lots more information there....
    12-21-08 09:57 AM
    I have a tomtom go 720 and a bold - the data feature works perfectly. The only thing that I can't get to work is the messenging service...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 11:01 AM
    it depends on the model of tom tom that you have. i've got a tomtom 910 and can only pair the phone with the gps for voice services. i could not get data working on it, or my curve.
    12-27-08 11:23 AM
    I have a Tomtom 720 and a Bold and it was all working perfectly till wednesday. now i can only get voice calling and cant get the traffic working at all

anyone have any ideas
    01-23-09 05:28 AM
    have you recently upgraded your phones OS to one that isnt supplied by your network carrier?

I wasnt able to use TomTom data services (Traffic etc) until I downgraded by Bold OS to the latest one provided by Vodafone Germany (.162)
    03-03-09 02:12 AM
    I have a tomtom go 720 and a bold - the data feature works perfectly. The only thing that I can't get to work is the messenging service...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

How were you able to get your data connection to work on your TomTom? Would you provide what steps you took? I'm very discouraged since my Pearl 8100 worked perfectly. Now all I can do with the Bold is use the hands free feature.
    03-06-09 08:44 PM
    I got my bold to work one time and nothing since I just keep tryin if someone has some news please post.
    03-07-09 12:14 PM
    UPDATE: I was able to get my bold and TT to work. I downgraded the OS on my phone back to .167. I deleted the Bold from the Tomtom and allowed it to pick up the bold again. I'm not sure if God knew I was about to throw the Tomtom or what, but after like the third try it worked. I now am able to get weather updates and I purchased the gas price updates. Now having said that, when I connect the two after some period of time. Tomtom states it cannot send the data and for me to check my phone. I cancel out and try again, then it works. After I got them to work, I upgraded my Bold OS back to .237. It's been going good so far.
    03-17-09 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD