So todays Deal of the DAy is Tether...it looks really really great and a great price also..I've read the reviews and it sounds promising..My question is...has anyone with Telus tried this? I'm on an unlimited data plan so it would be a nice feature for my blackberry..also i'd love to hear from ANYONE who has this on their blackberry..all comments good and bad..since there is no trial..i have to decide before midnight tonight..
    01-15-10 10:34 AM
    I don't now about Telus but TETHER appears to work fine on my Tour. There WAS (past tense) a bug with their new Bluetooth tether option but it was fixed yesterday. I was able to cruise the web with my desktop computer using BLUETOOTH yesterday. I did not do any speed comparisons but you can use either usb or bluetooth.

Now, there maybe issue with whether it is permitted under the "terms of service" from your carrier. Verizon for one supposedly PROHIBITS using schemes like Tether to avoid their own separate and costly tether monthly fee. There are tales of folks getting "caught" and being charged high rates for the data and/or having the contract cancelled.

Others have claimed they have being using tether and not run into any problems. The thing would be to not ramp up to using huge amounts of data suddenly which might flag the account but that is up to the user.

Then there are those who believe it is not just a violation of your contract but actually, "theft" as in theft of service - and, therefore, criminal. Most likely not a general occurrence.
    01-15-10 10:51 AM
    Check the "3rd Party Apps" forum for several threads in the last few weeks.
    01-15-10 11:18 AM
    im still trying to decide if I should buy this or not...
    01-15-10 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD