I recently changed my simple choice plan to Tmobile's new unlimited one plan, I dual carry an V10 alongside my curve 8320(old school). Ive used my curve for years now and it has finally come to an end because as soon as I changed plans my BIS plan was cut off. According to the blackberry tech support at tmobile(yes they actually have a dedicated tech team for blackberry devices) the new all in one plan does not support BIS and therefore anyone using a legacy device will no longer be able to gain access to BBM or email. Sneaky blow for me since I loved carrying/using my curve. Im either gonna get a BB10 device or K1 to replace my curve.
    03-02-17 04:36 PM
    Yes. The Simple Choice plan is the one to stay on. Sorry. See if you can get back on it.
    03-02-17 05:14 PM
    So their cut-off strategy worked. Lolsters...

They cut you right off and got you to consider moving on. If you haven't used or owned a BB10 device before, but wish to stay with BlackBerry's own, I'm sure you will love it... :-D

•   THISone, with the keys, hopefully coming soon to a phone store down unda... :-D   •
    03-04-17 04:41 PM
    So their cut-off strategy worked. Lolsters...

They cut you right off and got you to consider moving on. If you haven't used or owned a BB10 device before, but wish to stay with BlackBerry's own, I'm sure you will love it... :-D

•   THISone, with the keys, hopefully coming soon to a phone store down unda... :-D   •
    I know right! they were pretty slick not mentioning that my legacy device wouldn't be supported under the new plan, what's worse is that they said I couldn't change back to my old plans once they no longer offer it anymore haha... Well I was gonna start using a beautiful bold 9900, but I guess I'll look in to getting one of the "q" phones(5,10,20). Looking forward to my next blackberry device 😆
    03-04-17 07:35 PM
    If it were me, their "migration thru coercion" strategy would migrate me to ATT or ??

Of the Q's, Classic's toolbelt most closely resembles Curve's operation. Fwiw.
    03-05-17 06:50 AM
    If it were me, their "migration thru coercion" strategy would migrate me to ATT or ??
    All of the US carriers have announced the shutdown of BIS (Verizon & AT&T by this summer), so switching carriers wouldn't help much.
    03-05-17 11:32 AM
    All of the US carriers have announced the shutdown of BIS (Verizon & AT&T by this summer), so switching carriers wouldn't help much.
    Source?

Edit: Or can you please suggest search terms that will lead to the Verizon and ATT announcements?
    03-05-17 12:21 PM
    I guess I missed that announcement.. You you have any resources for that?
    03-05-17 02:33 PM

Of the Q's, Classic's toolbelt most closely resembles Curve's operation. Fwiw.
    Since they both have touch screens I don't think having the toolbelt is that necessary... I dunno imo

Classics looks cool though
    03-05-17 02:36 PM
    Several users posted the emails they received from their carriers here advising them that they'd need to transition due to BIS being discontinued. This was at least 6 months ago now. Not sure how easy it would be to find that thread, though.
    03-05-17 03:11 PM
    Several users posted the emails they received from their carriers here advising them that they'd need to transition due to BIS being discontinued. This was at least 6 months ago now. Not sure how easy it would be to find that thread, though.
    Thanks! I'm a try to find those
    03-05-17 03:34 PM
    I'm well prepared for the inevitable, and believe I recall hearing that about Tmobile, but sure missed anything about VZW & ATT. If so, as a LONG term customer of both, I'm going to be quite irritated if Verizon AND ATT doesn't inform me, and my company, in some direct manner. I can find no mention of sunsetting equipment at VZW. Nor have they emailed or otherwise messaged me nor my company. Haven't checked ATT, yet.

Not refuting your recollections, Troy, just need to know for planning purposes... Summer's just a few months away... Lol.
    03-05-17 06:05 PM
    Since they both have touch screens I don't think having the toolbelt is that necessary... I dunno imo

Classics looks cool though
    Personal preference. I find toolbelt to be much easier for thumb reach.
    03-05-17 06:09 PM