hey first post guys, i just ordered a BB curve 8320 off ebay brand new "Unlocked" and its a tmobile phone so im wondering will i be able to use my rogers Sim card in it! with still using internet and everything or am i a Complete idiot??

please reply
    06-16-08 04:03 AM
    Nope T mobile uses sims cards so you will be in business, I just trade a 30 gig Ipod for a t mobile 8320, It is flawless. Have fun with it, I am still waiting to unlock it. Got to find some friends with T mobile.
    06-16-08 04:45 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Many of us have bought our own device because our carrier does not offer this package.

You will need a BIS and data plan from Rogers, in addition to the voice plan you are currently using.

Rogers charges a substantial premium for data used over your contracted limits. Without a plan, that starts at $10 Mb.

Your 8320 will connect through Wifi and let you use the Browser, but none of the data handling apps like Email and Messenger. Those get charged.
    06-16-08 11:04 AM
    Ok awsome thanks for the info, so will i b aable top use messenger and that but it will just cost alot?
    06-16-08 01:04 PM
    Ok awsome thanks for the info, so will i b aable top use messenger and that but it will just cost alot?
    In the US, unlimited data plans run anywhere from $20-$30 added onto your voice service. In Canada I believe someone said it was around $40, maybe more? And I think someone said that certain Canadian carriers don't have unlimited data, they have certain caps like 5MB, 10MB, etc.. Welcome to CrackBerry! Hope this information helps, and someone can confirm what I said.
    06-16-08 01:11 PM
    Yes, you have to be subscribed to a Rogers Plan.

Check out my idea of a "Roger's Dream Plan".

http://forums.crackberry.com/f73/bla...am-plan-43479/
    Last edited by Stoner; 06-16-08 at 02:08 PM.
    06-16-08 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD