Have you heard about the newest rumor the Blackberry 1001 4G (codename "Wanna B")?
    11-19-10 08:21 PM
    I wouldn't believe anybody making claims about 4G unless the network is LTE. It should just be called LTE and be done with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-10 09:09 PM
    AT&T has an HSPA+ network like T-Mobile, but it isn't as fast. It's only 7.2 where T-Mobile is 14.4+.
    11-21-10 09:51 AM
    AT&T has an HSPA+ network like T-Mobile, but it isn't as fast. It's only 7.2 where T-Mobile is 14.4+.
    Theoretical speeds, nothing more.
    11-21-10 01:34 PM
    The 9330 does HSPA+, which is their version of "4G", so I'm sure they have or will be getting one.

I think saying that 4G based on speed is kind of stupid. I agree that they should really drop this "G" thing. Though it's a similar thing with HD TV. 720 may be higher definition than 480, but it's not "true" HD. But then when 1440 or whatevers next comes out, 1080 won't be "true HD" anymore either. So I say call the network LTE and they can just upgrade the backbone and speed as time goes on.

Last edited by breakmedown; 11-23-10 at 12:30 PM.
    11-23-10 12:22 PM
    The 9330 does HSPA+, which is their version of "4G", so I'm sure they have or will be getting one.

I think saying that 4G based on speed is kind of stupid. I agree that they should really drop this "G" thing. Though it's a similar thing with HD TV. 720 may be higher definition than 480, but it's not "true" HD. But then when 1440 or whatevers next comes out, 1080 won't be "true HD" anymore either. So I say call the network LTE and they can just upgrade the backbone and speed as time goes on.

4G is based on speed. But true 4G technology is totally different. LTE and WiMax use that tech, they just are on release 1 right now and aren't up to speed. HSPA+ is still 3G technology. It is just an upgrade in speeds.
    11-23-10 01:06 PM

That is the very reason i call it HSPA(+) and not 3G/3G+... It's always evolving.
    11-23-10 02:52 PM
    Technically the 9330 does EVDO.
    the 9300 does HSPA+
    11-23-10 04:20 PM
    Long story short, I had to put the smack down on T-Mobile for upgrading my wife into a Samsung Gravity T, which is a terrible phone, and they are now sending me a brand new Curve 3G even 65 days past the purchase of the Samsung. BUT, in that conversation the very nice rep volunteered that they are expecting a touchscreen blackberry in December. Not sure if this is the base model Torch or something new, but we'll see.
    11-29-10 10:54 AM
    I'd sure hope so...its time for tmobile to get back on top. Whats sad is they didnt even have to merge with anyone and they're still combating verizon and att
    11-29-10 11:27 AM
    I'd sure hope so...its time for tmobile to get back on top. Whats sad is they didnt even have to merge with anyone and they're still combating verizon and att
    Back on top? When was T-Mobile ever at the top in the U.S.?
    11-29-10 11:50 AM
    Back on top? In what way? (That's what she said)

BTW, T-Mobile was VoiceStream until Deutsche Telekom bought it and changed the name in the early 2000's. From what I've seem/heard T-Mobile UK is superior with pricing, handset selection, and CS.
    11-29-10 12:17 PM
    Back on top? When was T-Mobile ever at the top in the U.S.?
    In the RIM world... never in the android world it's a different story.
    11-29-10 12:28 PM
    As posted on the other Blackberry 4G forum, the HSPA+ format TMobile is using has a theoretical limitation of 168MB download, which would qualify that format as 4G if they grow their network to get it over 100MB. I also agree that once you get past 20 or 30MB, everything is so fast, it doesn't matter uless the content is huge files that make little sense on a mobile device.
    K Bear likes this.
    12-03-10 05:49 PM
    In the RIM world... never in the android world it's a different story.
    See I read that as more of a general statement, like top carrier since the mentioning of T-mobile combating VZW and AT&T. Interesting.
    12-04-10 12:52 PM
    See I read that as more of a general statement, like top carrier since the mentioning of T-mobile combating VZW and AT&T. Interesting.
    2 ways to skin a cat i guess. I was reading as on a cell phone by cell phone basis. T-Mobile has been at the front of Android Hacking, and modifying. And everything has been second nature. While Verzion has the Android powerhouses, and ATT has the ever "impressive" iPhone.
    12-04-10 03:35 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD