what does that mean? varies by person, it varies on the provider and were there towers are located
    different people have different experiences that shape up their opinions.
    09-22-09 02:00 PM
    I honeslty didn't think there was still people out there that enjoy sprint!!!! They have the worst customer service, their deadzones are among millions, and they don't put any money back into their company with phones and towers. I have had t-mobile for 4 years and love them dearly
    09-22-09 02:08 PM
    different people have different experiences that shape up their opinions.
    o i c what your saying all have equal coverage but some people might think its great or horrible ?
    09-22-09 02:12 PM
    o i c what your saying all have equal coverage but some people might think its great or horrible ?
    Even more specific than that, certain phones get different radio reception and even going a level deeper, different radio software can make a difference on the same phone.

i.e. person running the old AT&T .185 software on a Bold vs a current rom leak could get totally different reception.
    09-22-09 02:16 PM
    I have used both services for a number of years. The only way Sprint would benefit from this would be because of the GSM network would make it easier to promote global coverage.

I like Sprint, Nextel is more for buisnesses that is why most consumers say they suck. I can't stand T-mobile's coverage area or their customer service.
    09-23-09 12:24 AM
    I have used both services for a number of years. The only way Sprint would benefit from this would be because of the GSM network would make it easier to promote global coverage.

I like Sprint, Nextel is more for buisnesses that is why most consumers say they suck. I can't stand T-mobile's coverage area or their customer service.
    This subject pops up constantlly -- has for years, and will continue to do so for years. Peoples' experiences re: coverage and reception vary depending on location. Most important for any prospective buyer is to make sure the carrier they choose provides the coverage they need, where they need it. You can check coverage maps -- they help, but aren't perfect. I've found it best to compare notes with as many people as I can using similar devices in the same area where I need coverage. For me, this is primarily mid-atlantic up through northeast -- e.g., from DC up through Philly, New Jersey (I'm near Princeton), NYC, CT and Boston -- that's my primary area. All through here, T-Mobile gives me generally excellent coverage, with a handful of dropouts. As a matter of fact, every time my contracts come up for renewal, I go through the same process, comparing notes with friends and associates, and every time I come back to T-Mobile -- and I haven't regretted it yet.

Re: Customer Service -- it's possible to get a bad customer service rep with any company, but I'm surprised that you found T-Mobile's customer service bad. They're won a load of awards for having the best customer service. J.D. Power and Associates wrote recently:
    • T-Mobile ranked highest among all wireless providers in Overall Customer Care Performance, above all its competitors and significantly ahead of the industry average.
    • In interactions between consumers and customer care representatives, T-Mobile ranked significantly above the industry average.
    • T-Mobile ranked highest in online customer service and walk-in interactions at retail stores.
    • T-Mobile scored well above other wireless carriers and the industry average with the lowest average hold times.
    Boy Genius reports on this:
    T-Mobile tops JD Power Customer Service rankings yet again : Boy Genius Report

My experience with T-Mobile customer care has, in general, been excellent for many years.
    09-23-09 08:58 AM
    Thanks for the info vinmont very informative

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 09:50 AM
    i thought T-mo had a contract with Cingular (now ATT) to share off their GSM network, before?
    09-23-09 10:13 AM
    I high doubt t-mo is buying sprint...t-mo is gsm and sprint is not so how would that work?
    09-23-09 10:16 AM
    tmoblie has some cheap plans
    09-23-09 10:28 AM
    liike only 40 bucks for unlimited everything ha (im just trying to get my post count up so i can pm a guy about my theme on my storm
    09-23-09 10:29 AM
    sooooo yeah
    09-23-09 10:30 AM
    tmobile isnt even as big as sprint i think
    09-23-09 10:30 AM
    Just go att. Lol, a little pricy, but they're worth it.
    09-23-09 10:39 AM
    Just go att. Lol, a little pricy, but they're worth it.
    you're kidding right?

I've had sprint for 4 years and its been totally great. I know Sprint had a reputation of bad CS but they really have turned things around and have excellent CS.
    09-23-09 01:43 PM
    This is just my two cents--- I have Sprint. I have had every phone that is worth owning and now I have the Tour. I have had them for about 9 years or so now. I never had T-mobile but I know a few people that do. Sprint tends to have been plan options for people at better costs depending on what you need. But for coverage I can not complain about Sprint. I have been to every state except 5 and there are THREE places I had had a dead zone. And it was only dead in the persons house, not outside their door. So chalk it up to their walls or whatever, but to travel as much as I do and to litteraly be able to name the three places I did not have coverage, I think is pretty good. Again, just my two cents.
    09-23-09 04:28 PM
    Oh and don't forget, with Sprint now, no matter who you call, when you call them, as long as it is a mobile number it is 100% FREE!!!! I am loving that! Who uses a land line outside of work very often on a regualr basis unless their cell is dead...lol

This is just my two cents--- I have Sprint. I have had every phone that is worth owning and now I have the Tour. I have had them for about 9 years or so now. I never had T-mobile but I know a few people that do. Sprint tends to have been plan options for people at better costs depending on what you need. But for coverage I can not complain about Sprint. I have been to every state except 5 and there are THREE places I had had a dead zone. And it was only dead in the persons house, not outside their door. So chalk it up to their walls or whatever, but to travel as much as I do and to litteraly be able to name the three places I did not have coverage, I think is pretty good. Again, just my two cents.
    09-23-09 04:30 PM
    I honeslty didn't think there was still people out there that enjoy sprint!!!! They have the worst customer service, their deadzones are among millions, and they don't put any money back into their company with phones and towers. I have had t-mobile for 4 years and love them dearly
    1. I've had nothing but great customer service from them for the last 7 years.

2. Who cares about deadzones when you have free roaming?

3. They have done some very serious upgrades in my area of Texas over the last 7 years, including more towers and EVDO service. Their phone selection is also improving all the time.

I'm a happy Sprint customer, and for the area I live in, they have the best coverage and by far the best plans.
    09-23-09 05:31 PM
    I think the thread starter should clarify things. It is not T-mobile that is purchasing Sprint. It is the Company that owns T-mobile that is rumored to be purchasing Sprint. T-mobile is just a US version and represents a small fraction of the company. The parent company has the largest share of the cell phone market in the UK and is trying to do the same in the US by virtually combining both Sprint and T-mobile. I personally see nothing wrong with that.
    09-23-09 07:27 PM
    Forget who has the best coverage..it all depends on your needs and where you live or travel to.

If you have been with Tmo for 4 years, you have no idea what is going on at Sprint. Lately, their customer service has taken a huge turn for the good.

I travel for a living and have been very happy with Sprint coverage. In my area, no other network has better coverage. Now we get unlimited mobile to mobile. The plans are priced very well and they don't nickel and dime you for everything like the other carriers. They include free Navigation. And now with the Tour, I am satisfied and have no desire to move to another carrier.

I have friends on Tmo that are happy too. Friends on AT&T are mostly there because of the Iphone and some of them would love to leave. The Verizon users seem content for the most part. One size does not fit all.
    09-24-09 12:52 AM
    I have a tour with Sprint. It drops a lot of calls. I had a Palm 800w and it has one of the best radios of any phone I've used, but Sprint still has lousy coverage. But I'm leaving Sprint due to their lack of coverage. It boils down to this- Sprint Tour= no bars, U.S. Cellular Curve= full bars. I hear US Cellular is releasing the Tour in October so I'll be there.
    09-24-09 08:43 AM
    Actually, it is Sprint who screwed over Nextel. Nobody ever complained about Nextel until Sprint basically killed it. If you want the facts, look them up.
    what! nextel was horrible from day one. i had nextel for two years year one was before the merger. sprint improved the price plans and helped usher in the hybrid phones that performed both cdma and iden functions flawlessly, wwhich made year two more bearable.

how dare you open your mouth (fingers) and spew such foolishness.
    09-24-09 09:36 AM
    I have a tour with Sprint. It drops a lot of calls. I had a Palm 800w and it has one of the best radios of any phone I've used, but Sprint still has lousy coverage. But I'm leaving Sprint due to their lack of coverage. It boils down to this- Sprint Tour= no bars, U.S. Cellular Curve= full bars. I hear US Cellular is releasing the Tour in October so I'll be there.
    depends on where you live.
    09-24-09 09:37 AM
    exactly, I enjoy great coverage from Sprint

The Nextel thing really isn't that bad, and I doubt affected half of the people that complain about it

I use both, and Nextel is what it is, always has been and always will
    09-24-09 10:50 AM
    had sprint for 8 years loved the service the phone choices were horrible though. and customer service was like pure ****
    09-24-09 01:00 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD