I pay insurance on my Tmobile plan for $5.00, I have 3 Blackberry's on my plan & my brothers Blackberry was misplaced at the local mall. We have insurance on his 8500 & his question was if "is it possible to have the Blackberry replaced with a phone with equal or lesser value?", I told him I wasn't sure but I would find out.
    My thought would be that if he was having problems with the Blackberry & doesn't want another one just like, could we trade it for a phone with equal or less value of the purchase price? Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 05:43 PM
    Check tmobile site or call them use poynt it give ya the number fast lol. I know my tmobile only charges 10$ to exchange a phone for a different one within a 30 day time period.
    10-03-10 05:56 PM
    I paid for t-mobile insurance for over a year because when I purchased, the guy told me that insurance will replace my phone completely when it gets damaged.
    This turned out to be a lie when my phone broke and I had to pay a $100 deductable.
    10-03-10 09:14 PM
    I had my SK08 and my pearl 8120 both go bad on me. So I called tmobile, and they sent me "like new" replacements, free of charge. But I only had the option of receiving the same device.

10-03-10 10:50 PM
    phone insurance is always a bad idea you should always check with ur bank or house insurance if you can cover it with them 1st you never get what you want..repair is the only word they seem to know

i pay �10 a month on my carrier and i am unable to remove it
    10-04-10 03:19 AM
    I think if you want to change it to a new device you'll have to have the same problem with it 3 times, then you are offered an alternative. If it's lost/stolen/damaged you can only get it replaced with the same device.

10-04-10 04:09 AM
    I wish TELUS Mobility offered that, but they don't or I haven't checked. It's $20-30. I'm not spending *that* much to insure my void 9700 lol

10-04-10 05:48 AM
    Sounds crazy, I pay on vodafone uk �3.50 a month and I get next day replacement no deductable . Usually a refurb though.

10-04-10 06:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD