T-Mobile may have already put the BlackBerry Torch 9810 in the End-of-Life (EOL) pile. The Torch 9810 has gone missing from T-Mobile�s website. While just that isn�t enough of a concern, according the customer service support transcript above, the Torch 9810 has been terminated.
    If true, it may have been for obvious reasons. The Torch 9810 wasn�t relatively that much different from the Torch 9800 and RIM didn�t do any marketing to differentiate between the two. It�s likely the Torch 9810 did not see sales figures that T-Mobile was looking for.

Source N4BB.com

I can't post the link from here sorry.
    01-09-12 04:11 PM
    Tmobile is looking for quality touch screen devices. The all touch torch would have fit into Tmobiles lineup much better.
    01-09-12 04:22 PM
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Torch 9810 Has Been Marked as End-of-Life?
    Apparently it was marked EOL on January 3rd, but it might be back temporarily; depending on stock.
    01-09-12 04:27 PM
    What is Tmo expecting when it's trying to sell it for $250. Idiots!
    01-09-12 05:29 PM
    Ya....

When people see the price it makes them look elsewhere. I guess phone companies don't see that?
    01-09-12 05:42 PM
    What is Tmo expecting when it's trying to sell it for $250. Idiots!
    Exactly why I did not get it, still using my ATT 9800 for now on TMO
    01-09-12 05:47 PM
    The Torch 9810 wasn�t relatively that much different from the Torch 9800 .
    There was one HUGE difference - it was available on T-Mo with the correct 3G bands.

Exactly why I did not get it, still using my ATT 9800 for now on TMO
    How well does your Bridge work with that setup? Since I went to the 9800 on T-Mo, I'm not getting the regular browser and apps working in Bridge mode, only the Bridge Browser. Is that the same for you? That's the main reason I've been thinking about upgrading. Well, was thinking...
    01-09-12 05:58 PM
    There was one HUGE difference - it was available on T-Mo with the correct 3G bands.

How well does your Bridge work with that setup? Since I went to the 9800 on T-Mo, I'm not getting the regular browser and apps working in Bridge mode, only the Bridge Browser. Is that the same for you? That's the main reason I've been thinking about upgrading. Well, was thinking...
    I have the same issue, though I don't use bridge much as I am normally in a wifi enabled area.
    01-09-12 06:03 PM
    That's good to know. I use it sometimes in a pinch, but I've mostly been using our loaner Mifi that's not on loan. Or tethering.
    01-09-12 06:10 PM
    T-Mobiles Blackberry phone pricing is ridiculous. Curves are reasonable but anything not a Curve is expensive. I personally think they charge more for the phones because their data plans are so cheap and they are trying to make up for the BIS fees on the phone prices ($5 per month is yanked from that plan).
    Guatiao likes this.
    01-09-12 07:36 PM
    T-Mobiles Blackberry phone pricing is ridiculous. Curves are reasonable but anything not a Curve is expensive. I personally think they charge more for the phones because their data plans are so cheap and they are trying to make up for the BIS fees on the phone prices ($5 per month is yanked from that plan).
    You are right. I pay $39.99 per month for 1,000 minutes + unlimited data + unlimited texts so although the phones are expensive it works out in the long run.
    01-09-12 07:42 PM
    I personally think they charge more for the phones because their data plans are so cheap
    And conversely, the other carriers can give you the phone cheaper because they make it up from you on higher fees, every month.

Obviously, it's not that hard to understand. I just don't understand why people find paying a little more once every two years is less palatable than paying more every month.
    01-09-12 07:44 PM
    And conversely, the other carriers can give you the phone cheaper because they make it up from you on higher fees, every month.

Obviously, it's not that hard to understand. I just don't understand why people find paying a little more once every two years is less palatable than paying more every month.
    Probably because you have phones with much higher specs and feature that can be obtained for cheaper. A lot of people don't understand that RIM gets $5 per user roughly per month from the carrier for access to e-mail, web, and BBM that is BIS. That is $120 over a two year contract. These fees are not collected by Apple or Google for there phones. I also think that this is why US carriers have stopped pushing Blackberry phones. RIM will need to provide more and more value for that $5 to keep justifying the higher cost of lower spec'd hardware and as other platforms provide similar functionality. For me the one time hit and cheap plans make up for the phone, and I only paid $30 more than Verizon or Sprint was charging because I went through Costco.
    01-09-12 08:35 PM
    I think the Main problem was that AT&T has it for $49 dollars
    which could make people make the switch to AT&T
    T-mobile couldn't lower the price so they EOL the phone.
    01-09-12 10:15 PM
    AT&T has it for $49 because they committed to sell a large number of them. Probably why they delayed the 9900 also.
    01-09-12 10:35 PM
    Sad because RIM should've made a CDMA variant and released it on Verizon, I would've bought 5.
    kbz1960 and Jake2826 like this.
    01-09-12 11:22 PM
    Bottom line, nobody wants it.

This is no different from the iPhone 4 & 4s.
    01-10-12 12:25 AM
    The 4S set records. What are you talking about?

The reason why they didn't sell is cause its a crappy form factor and anyone on tmobile looking for full touch would prefer the all touch torch, which is superior in almost every way with a better build quality.

They should just give up on sliders.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    01-10-12 04:28 AM
    Wow N8ter, talk about taking your own personal opinion and pushing it on the world. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that there aren't people around that prefer it. Sorry, but you'll never convince me that you can type as fast on a touch screen as you can on a keyboard. This is why the 9800/9810 were made.
    Jake2826 and llllBULLSEYE like this.
    01-10-12 08:12 AM
    The same, as in virtually the same phone as its predecessor.
    01-10-12 08:26 AM
    The same, as in virtually the same phone as its predecessor.
    Perhaps. But when you release multiple devices at once, you make it a virtual certainty that one or more will slip through the cracks. Add to this the fact that the number of customers considering BlackBerrys is smaller than those considering iPhones and you end up with results like this.
    01-10-12 09:20 AM
    Exactly. I'm too lazy to type all of that.
    01-10-12 12:44 PM
    Wow N8ter, talk about taking your own personal opinion and pushing it on the world. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that there aren't people around that prefer it. Sorry, but you'll never convince me that you can type as fast on a touch screen as you can on a keyboard. This is why the 9800/9810 were made.
    Tmobile is an android carrier. Most of their customers are android smartphone users. That phone had an uphill battle there and the form factor killed it.

That's a pretty obvious fact, not an opinion, given the results.

People are buying bolda and curves there. What other reason is there? The bold is even more outrageously priced than the torch was. It debut at $299 on contract on tmobile.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    01-10-12 01:19 PM
    Perhaps. But when you release multiple devices at once, you make it a virtual certainty that one or more will slip through the cracks. Add to this the fact that the number of customers considering BlackBerrys is smaller than those considering iPhones and you end up with results like this.
    This is a T-Mo discussion, iPhone is not part of it. Troll elsewhere
    Jake2826 and llllBULLSEYE like this.
    01-10-12 01:31 PM
    yeah think he needs to visit www.toysrus.com/forums
    01-10-12 09:05 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD