A week and half ago I posted that T-Mobile had updated on it's website under optional packages for Blackberry a 4G unlimited data plan.

Today RIM announced the Bold Touch 9900 is 4g enabled... I'll put my money where my mouth is by saying TMO will have the Bold Touch.
    05-02-11 07:27 PM
    Its there.

And it is HSPA+ enabled. 14.4 Mbps down and 9.6 Mbps up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-11 07:29 PM
    A week and half ago I posted that T-Mobile had updated on it's website under optional packages for Blackberry a 4G unlimited data plan.

Today RIM announced the Bold Touch 9900 is 4g enabled... I'll put my money where my mouth is by saying TMO will have the Bold Touch.
    Bold statement considering they have already announced they will be carrying it.

https://twitter.com/#!/tmobile/status/65063220775370752
    05-02-11 08:07 PM
    Terribly disappointing that tmobile will have it. tmobile doesnt work for dirt in my area. i currently have at&t. can't justify the switch. when will tmobile have it?
    05-04-11 01:47 PM
    Terribly disappointing that tmobile will have it. tmobile doesnt work for dirt in my area. i currently have at&t. can't justify the switch. when will tmobile have it?
    uhh isn't ATT getting it as well? Isn't every carrier getting it?
    05-04-11 01:56 PM
    That was my understanding that all of the carriers are going to carry the Bold Touch including Verizon
    05-04-11 02:00 PM
    go back with the video/ demo of the Bold 9900, and you'll see it has AT&T as the carrier.
    the reason AT&T didn't push through with the 9780 release is exactly for this reason.
    05-04-11 02:01 PM
    It doesn't do me any good. I can only get EDGE in my town.
    05-04-11 02:04 PM
    Isn't Sprint Bold Touch 4G compatible? Pretty sure on RIM's press release it will be 4G for both GSM and CDMA

05-04-11 03:30 PM
    ^^ don't think it supports WI Max or LTE. Specs say just CDMA rev a. HSPA isn't really 4g either. The whole g thing just became marketing. 4g requires 100 Mbps down to met orginal standards. But since these standards aren't universal the carriers just started marketing their faster networks as 4g.

But no the 9930 isn't listed as supporting WI max or lte which are sprint's and VZW's '4G' tech.

05-04-11 04:12 PM
    Isn't Sprint Bold Touch 4G compatible? Pretty sure on RIM's press release it will be 4G for both GSM and CDMA

I don't think that it is. The Bold 9930 is listed as having a CDMA Rev. A Radio. (Along with the HSDA Radio) This is the standard 3G Network that we are on now. There isn't a WiiMax BlackBerry on the way as of right now.

Although, the PlayBook that is coming to Sprint will be 4G.

05-04-11 04:13 PM
    ^^ don't think it supports WI Max or LTE. Specs say just CDMA rev a. HSPA isn't really 4g either. The whole g thing just became marketing. 4g requires 100 Mbps down to met orginal standards. But since these standards aren't universal the carriers just started marketing their faster networks as 4g.

But no the 9930 isn't listed as supporting WI max or lte which are sprint's and VZW's '4G' tech.

Thanks it isn't really a big deal right now anyway, since Sprint does not have or may not even have 4G for the metro-Detroit area until next year but it kinda made me happy at 1st, because I was hoping my next BB upgrade from my Curve 8330 would be 4G w/OS7...now just anxiously awaiting the release of the Bold 9930 for Sprint (hope by mid to end of June)

05-04-11 05:23 PM
    So when will we get dates? The ppl at Verizon told me that my 9650 would not be outdated for a while, I'm seriously considering exchanging it for a stupid phone till the new bold comes out.. And what is going to b of the bb touch?

05-05-11 12:02 AM
    05-06-11 02:55 AM

You started a new thread for this?
    05-06-11 05:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD