I saw the blurb in the keynote from Rim's CEO, has anyone heard of any kind of launch date for the Tivo app.??
    Last edited by gmpblack; 09-16-08 at 09:28 PM.
    09-16-08 08:12 PM
    Tivo for BB??? COOOL. 8)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-08 08:45 PM
    You can convert TiVoToGo files to mp4 to watch them on a Pearl or the 8800.
    Just remember that the Series 3 (HD) does not support any of the media/file sharing, yet. Waiting for Cable Labs certification/approval before it gets turned on. media studio for blackberry 1.2

Awesome program, works great for DVD's or video content for the 8100 or 8800.
    This will be a 2-step process. First, you have to get the TTG files out of that .tivo format to a "real" video format. You can use the "pay" version of TiVo Desktop to do that or find some other way.

Then, you take that recently-converted video and use Media Studio for Blackberry (or Blackberry Video Creator, or some other similar software) to "convert" it to a format usable by the Pearl or the 8800, as the case may be.

At the end, TiVo programming on your BB.

I found this from portfolio . com

TiVo and BlackBerry Hook Up

TiVo and Research In Motion, which makes the BlackBerry mobile device, have announced a partnership that will allow users to remotely control their digital video recorders with their phone.

Users can check television show times and schedule shows to be recorded from their BlackBerrry, something that can come in handy if you're working late or stuck in traffic on your way home.

The companies hinted that additional collaboration is in the works, and already there is speculation that it could involve the ability to watch TiVo programming on mobile devices such as the BlackBerry.

"Initially, BlackBerry smartphone users will gain the convenience of being able to discover what shows are on and schedule television recordings while away from the living room and on the go," the companies said in a statement. "Future collaboration between the companies will focus on software applications that further simplify mobile access to video content."

So to answer your question about the date I couldn't find anything, sorry!
    09-17-08 09:48 AM
    Thanks for the info, thats the blurb I saw. Still wondering when I'll be able to schedule recordings and view the tv guide listings for their site.

You can convert TiVoToGo files to mp4 to watch them on a Pearl or the 8800.
    Just remember that the Series 3 (HD) does not support any of the media/file sharing, yet. Waiting for Cable Labs certification/approval before it gets turned on. media studio for blackberry 1.2

Awesome program, works great for DVD's or video content for the 8100 or 8800.
    This will be a 2-step process. First, you have to get the TTG files out of that .tivo format to a "real" video format. You can use the "pay" version of TiVo Desktop to do that or find some other way.

Then, you take that recently-converted video and use Media Studio for Blackberry (or Blackberry Video Creator, or some other similar software) to "convert" it to a format usable by the Pearl or the 8800, as the case may be.

At the end, TiVo programming on your BB.

I found this from portfolio . com

TiVo and BlackBerry Hook Up

TiVo and Research In Motion, which makes the BlackBerry mobile device, have announced a partnership that will allow users to remotely control their digital video recorders with their phone.

Users can check television show times and schedule shows to be recorded from their BlackBerrry, something that can come in handy if you're working late or stuck in traffic on your way home.

The companies hinted that additional collaboration is in the works, and already there is speculation that it could involve the ability to watch TiVo programming on mobile devices such as the BlackBerry.

"Initially, BlackBerry smartphone users will gain the convenience of being able to discover what shows are on and schedule television recordings while away from the living room and on the go," the companies said in a statement. "Future collaboration between the companies will focus on software applications that further simplify mobile access to video content."

So to answer your question about the date I couldn't find anything, sorry!
    09-17-08 07:13 PM
    There are several ways to do it. You must search your ways around it, google is your friend.
    09-17-08 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD