One of the first things you notice is the size. Its big, but I love big. The phone keyboard works fine, you have to get used to the differences coming from the gold standard Passport.

The phone reminds me of when I built my own computer. Build the box and dump in a stock OS, at this point you start to realize the hard work that goes into a corporate build. That's the big difference here, if you want smooth as glass look elsewhere. This phone is to be played with and if you do not take the time to learn the little differences than you will not like this product.

Build quality is good the phone does feel like you could use it in the Zombie apocalypse as a weapon.

Battery time should be great.

E mail: loaded BB hub, works fine.

More to follow in a week or so, but out of the box its a nice phone.

UPDATE:

BlackBerry HUB no longer works, am working with BlackBerry and await the fix. I hope.

As my father would say "be careful what you ask for, because you may get it" . Stock versions of PIE will not allow you to remove the Google search bar from the home screen. I can mitigate the issue with a third party app, but I should not have to. If BlackBerry cannot push a fix for HUB then the Phone will go back.

SIDEBAR: Blackberry has been great with HUB support.

UPDATE:

Thanks to tmurphx5 the issues with HUB and the search box are now fixed. Once again a member comes through ! ! !

UPDATE: HUB is broken, waiting on BlackBerry to fix.

UPDATE: HUB is Fixed thanks again to tmurphx5, while he did not have the fix he pointed me in the rite direction. The phone is fixed.
    Last edited by SteinwayTransitCorp; 01-10-20 at 09:11 AM.
    Tsepz_GP and Mecca EL like this.
    01-06-20 07:05 PM
    The phone keyboard works fine,
    @the_boon...
    01-06-20 08:54 PM
    What can I say, hopefully the other 2999 are solid.
    01-06-20 08:55 PM
    What can I say, hopefully the other 2999 are solid.
    Yeah. Was just pointing out that, yet again, it looks like you merely received a faulty device. I find it absurd that you of all pkb fans had to put up with this. I'd love if you'd be able to get your hands on a solid one and give us a review from your point of view.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-06-20 09:38 PM
    Yeah. Was just pointing out that, yet again, it looks like you merely received a faulty device. I find it absurd that you of all pkb fans had to put up with this. I'd love if you'd be able to get your hands on a solid one and give us a review from your point of view.
    Technically, he did get hands on and give review. I find this comedically like the Key2 spacebar and similar threads where I’d claim it wasn’t representative across the board, etc

I love this part of the CrackBerry passion !!!!!
    Ben xfg and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    01-06-20 10:01 PM
    One of the first things you notice is the size. Its big, but I love big. The phone keyboard works fine, you have to get used to the differences coming from the gold standard Passport.

The phone reminds me of when I built my own computer. Build the box and dump in a stock OS, at this point you start to realize the hard work that goes into a corporate build. That's the big difference here, if you want smooth as glass look elsewhere. This phone is to be played with and if you do not take the time to learn the little differences than you will not like this product.

Build quality is good the phone does feel like you could use it in the Zombie apocalypse as a weapon.

Battery time should be great.

E mail: loaded BB hub, works fine.

More to follow in a week or so, but out of the box its a nice phone.
    Glad you are enjoying it!

The battery life is the part I am looking most forward to hearing about, a 6000mAh battery mixed with 4.6inch 1440P display, is going to be incredible I am sure. Should be good for a full 2days or heavy usage.

Also any thoughts on thermals? Does it heat up at all? I am always wary of those MediaTek chips and whether they manage high workloads well.

Sooo will the name of the forum change to something like KeyboardAddicts.com? seeing as more folks are moving to the UniHerts Titan?

I honestly think this is a great product for a Kickstarter, how they managed to make a Rugged PKB device, is just brilliant, IMO, BB missed out badly on this.
    moosbb likes this.
    01-07-20 02:22 AM
    Yep, they weren't lucky to send the one defective unit to one of the most passionate/vocal PKB advocates.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    01-07-20 07:57 AM

I honestly think this is a great product for a Kickstarter, how they managed to make a Rugged PKB device, is just brilliant, IMO, BB missed out badly on this.
    Even though I have no plans to use it, I'm glad I backed the project if only to vote with my wallet that there is a (microscopic) market out there for pkb devices.

Having played with this pound of beef for the past week, here are my thoughts:

- I'd say that they did an extremely good job with the hardware build. This thing is solid and does not creak in the slightest.

- The OS is a bit meh. Nothing offensive but nothing to celebrate either.

- Screen is serviceable. Not the highest quality, but good enough for me. It's great to have the wide screen again!

- The keyboard is a bit of a wild ride. I'm constantly getting tripped up on the number pad and alt key placement. I'm sure that with time, I'll get used to it, but that brings me to my next point...

- This phone is too heavy for daily driver use! In order to type effectively on this thing, you've gotta be committed to it, but I've found that after 15 minutes of intense use, my hands get tired.

Conclusion: This phone is exactly what I thought it would be. I quirky plaything for me to tool around with. I plan on bringing it with me on vacation in March as I've always wanted to use a QWERTY device on the beach, worry-free. If through some miracle, Unihertz were to be foolish enough to make a v2, the only change I would want is for it to be 50% lighter. I'm okay with a just a 3,000 mAH battery as the big appeal for me is the IP67 rating.

And to those of you who have found joy in using this as your daily driver, congrats! I envy the power of your hands!!
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-07-20 08:20 AM
    When my Titan is sold, I may choose to get another one because I want to experience a fully functional one to get my QWERTY curiosity fix.

That way I can really evaluate it for what it was supposed to be.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-07-20 08:26 AM
    When my Titan is sold, I may choose to get another one because I want to experience a fully functional one to get my QWERTY curiosity fix.

That way I can really evaluate it for what it was supposed to be.
    If you contact them, you can send it back. My friend had a dud and they swapped it out no issues.
    01-07-20 08:54 AM
    If you contact them, you can send it back. My friend had a dud and they swapped it out no issues.
    Eh, I'll pass.

And another member here just reported that he is also having missed input when typing a little faster.

So much for me thinking mine was the only one affected.
    01-07-20 12:45 PM
    I just returned my Titan today.
    cribble2k likes this.
    01-07-20 08:23 PM
    Why?
    01-07-20 08:40 PM
    why?
    01-08-20 09:06 AM
    Why?
    I think I will be sending mine back as well, not because of an issue with the phone. But stock Android OS no longer allows you to remove the Google search bar. This I will not put up with, I can mitigate the issue with a third party launcher. But BlackBerry HUB has issues with any changes to the phone stops HUB from working. I am waiting on a TECH response from BlackBerry. They have taken all the logs from my phone and have escalated my issue to engineering. A side bar, BlackBerry has been very responsive to this issue, I believe this is an issue with the OS so stay tuned.
    01-08-20 09:10 AM
    I think I will be sending mine back as well, not because of an issue with the phone. But stock Android OS no longer allows you to remove the Google search bar. This I will not put up with, I can mitigate the issue with a third party launcher. But BlackBerry HUB has issues with any changes to the phone stops HUB from working. I am waiting on a TECH response from BlackBerry. They have taken all the logs from my phone and have escalated my issue to engineering. A side bar, BlackBerry has been very responsive to this issue, I believe this is an issue with the OS so stay tuned.
    I am not sure what I did right or wrong but I don't have the Google search bar on my home screen. All I did was do a restore (having backed up with Google) and my screen layouts are the same as on my KeyOne. All my keyboard shortcuts even came over. I installed the BB Hub and it's working fine for me .
    01-09-20 07:54 AM
    They said that it will be fixed on next update.
    01-09-20 09:22 AM
    They said that it will be fixed on next update.
    In an e mail to me they said that they could do nothing about it, from them below:
    service@unihertz.com
    service@unihertz.com

Hello,
    In the past we made the search bar removable, but Google warned us not to do that any more.
    Normally, all Android phones cooperating with Google are forced to install it on the home screen. So we really could not help with it now.
    Thank you for understanding.
    01-09-20 11:05 AM
    I am not sure what I did right or wrong but I don't have the Google search bar on my home screen. All I did was do a restore (having backed up with Google) and my screen layouts are the same as on my KeyOne. All my keyboard shortcuts even came over. I installed the BB Hub and it's working fine for me .
    SO you backed up with google than transferred over...........I will try it thank you very much!!
    01-09-20 11:12 AM
    SO you backed up with google than transferred over...........I will try it thank you very much!!
    Correct, KeyOne was/is on Android 8.1 when I did the backup
    01-09-20 11:27 AM
    Your rite ! ! When you transfer it uses BlackBerry launcher GREAT FIND ! ! !
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-09-20 11:29 AM
    Correct, KeyOne was/is on Android 8.1 when I did the backup
    Ok I had an app update and hub stop working. Same issue any changes to phone and HUB no longer responds.
    Last edited by SteinwayTransitCorp; 01-09-20 at 05:06 PM.
    01-09-20 03:49 PM
    I would recommend switching DuraSpeed ​​off completely and check if battery optimization is switched off for the hub and hub service.

I'm using the BB Hub for e-mail, signal, sms and calls.

So far I don't have any problems. Receive always every hub messages fast.
    01-10-20 08:20 AM
    I would recommend switching DuraSpeed ​​off completely and check if battery optimization is switched off for the hub and hub service.

I'm using the BB Hub for e-mail, signal, sms and calls.

So far I don't have any problems. Receive always every hub messages fast.
    Fixed, was in a setting for phone App Blocker. Blackberry had restrictions set. Gave it full access and poof works fine. But thank you you pointed me in rite direction ! !
    01-10-20 09:09 AM
    Ok I had an app update and hub stop working. Same issue any changes to phone and HUB no longer responds.
    can we see some screenshots of the hub? or photos? i have been waiting for real pics from delivered phones to be surfaced.
    01-28-20 01:47 PM