Well, due to household budget issues, I'm being forced to cancel my Blackberry data plan!! I've only been a BB user since Nov. 4th when I purchased the Bold, and am addicted to it, but for the forseeable future, I'll be a data-less user... I'm bummed... hopefully when our budget issues become better, Ill be back on the wagon!

Anyone else use their BB "just" for a phone???
    Oooh. Sorry to hear that.
    12-11-08 03:43 PM
    Now im not sure how this would work on the bold but a while ago i was laid off and had to do the same thing but this rep at att somehow put the medianet unlimited plan on my account and it cut the data cost in half, its like $15.00. U can no longer get push mail but hey u got a browser, it just realy sucked logging into yahoo everytime i wanted to check my mail. Hope this helps!!
    12-11-08 05:17 PM
    I have a few friends that use their berrys as just a phone and for the PDA functions.

Hope things get better.
    12-11-08 09:18 PM
    Now im not sure how this would work on the bold but a while ago i was laid off and had to do the same thing but this rep at att somehow put the medianet unlimited plan on my account and it cut the data cost in half, its like $15.00. U can no longer get push mail but hey u got a browser, it just realy sucked logging into yahoo everytime i wanted to check my mail. Hope this helps!!
    When I called tocancel the data plan, I asked about this and the rep sad they could not add this..which seems strange cuz MediaNet is avail thru att. I think I'll call a different rep. I think I could swing $15/month.
    12-12-08 12:12 AM
    I finally just got mine turned back on a few days ago, less than a month without it and I couldnt take it anymore!
    12-12-08 09:25 AM
    You better double check if AT&T will allow you to utilize Wifi if you don't have the data plan. I thought I read that AT&T disables Wifi somehow, if you don't have the data plan.

Hope your situation changes so that you can sign up for data again soon.

Argh!!! I was hoping that this would NOT be the case, but I did indeed confirm this with AT&T today that if you do not have a data plan, they disable WiFi...

So I ask them if there was a Media net package available.. Nope... not without a BB data plan.

They told me the per use is $0.01 per KB to use Media Net. I ask them "So I can use the Media Net feature, and pay as you go, but you dont offer this service as a stand alone feature?" Nope.. "this service is not available for Blackberry devices." Not sure how an ealier poster in this thread was able to get the Media Unlimted package w/o a BB data plan..

This just plain stinks! I bet there is no way around the AT&T WiFi issue is there?
    12-12-08 05:44 PM

Argh!!! I was hoping that this would NOT be the case, but I did indeed confirm this with AT&T today that if you do not have a data plan, they disable WiFi...

So I ask them if there was a Media net package available.. Nope... not without a BB data plan.

They told me the per use is $0.01 per KB to use Media Net. I ask them "So I can use the Media Net feature, and pay as you go, but you dont offer this service as a stand alone feature?" Nope.. "this service is not available for Blackberry devices." Not sure how an ealier poster in this thread was able to get the Media Unlimted package w/o a BB data plan..

This just plain stinks! I bet there is no way around the AT&T WiFi issue is there?

Join Sprint they have the simple everything plan with referral for $59.99 that include bb services
    12-12-08 10:42 PM

Sorry man. Since it'll be sorta like torture for you to have such a nice Blackberry without data service, I can take it off your hands for a few months while you borrow an old Razr I have to ease the pain. Just kiddin.... hope this situation is very temporary for ya bud.
    12-13-08 07:47 AM
    Sorry man. Since it'll be sorta like torture for you to have such a nice Blackberry without data service, I can take it off your hands for a few months while you borrow an old Razr I have to ease the pain. Just kiddin.... hope this situation is very temporary for ya bud.
    Hahahah. I had a rzr before I went to my Treo..not going back. :-). I just hope some of the workarounds for wifi will work for me.
    12-13-08 10:23 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD