theres a tiny little blue arrow that is right next to the battery meter on the top right of my screen...i'm just wondering what that means? thanks!
    04-13-09 02:44 PM
    Bluetooth?
    04-13-09 02:45 PM
    That is your Transmit (Tx) and Receive (Rx) lights. Its like on your computer, when data is being downloaded you will se the arrow pointing down and when you are sending you'll see the arrow pointing up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 02:46 PM
    That is your Transmit (Tx) and Receive (Rx) lights. Its like on your computer, when data is being downloaded you will se the arrow pointing down and when you are sending you'll see the arrow pointing up.

yes i know about those arrows...they are red on mine and blink every now and then...the arrow i'm talking about doesnt blink, its just tiny, blue and it doesnt go over the batter meter, just is there right next to it...

a friend of mine said it might be the bluetooth...but my bluetooth is disabled...
    04-13-09 03:14 PM
    A triangle perhaps to the lower right? On my BB it indicates roaming

04-13-09 03:16 PM
    Well these symbols are all theme based so if you have a 3rd party theme what is it and if it came with your bb what is your provider?

04-13-09 03:52 PM
    i think what hes talking about is the scroll arrow

ive had a few instances where it got stuck on my screen for a couple days, eventually i fixed it with a battery pull

try that, i betcha itll do the trick
    04-13-09 03:54 PM
    I'd be willing to bet, like john said, that you're roaming
    04-13-09 03:55 PM
    Can you take a pic and post here?
    04-13-09 03:56 PM
    Well these symbols are all theme based so if you have a 3rd party theme what is it and if it came with your bb what is your provider?

I've had bout 5 diff themes I installed and the roaming indicator stayed as a blue triangle. However 5 themes is not a good representation of 3rd party themes.

04-13-09 04:43 PM
    I think I know what he's talking about. It's the tiny blue arrow that appears in the same place as the upload and download arrows. I don't know what it does, but I think it might mean the phone is polling for service.
    04-13-09 04:52 PM

are you talking about what is circled in red?(it may be in a different local) if so it is ur roaming indicator and u need to call verizon ASAP and make sure u are not getting charged for it. and them ask them y u r on roaming... where do u live? (state) roaming can cost u a bundle.

if it is the one next to the pink alarm, then it is your Bluetooth- be sure to turn it off Icon scree> manage connections> bluetooth OFF
    Last edited by chelseytx; 04-13-09 at 05:06 PM.
    04-13-09 05:00 PM

are you talking about what is circled in red?(it may be in a different local) if so it is ur roaming indicator and u need to call verizon ASAP and make sure u are not getting charged for it. and them ask them y u r on roaming... where do u live? (state)
    oh THAT arrow, yeah that looks like roaming

what about just calling that number (*228 was it??) from your handset and updating your roaming towers (or whatever its called). that might do the trick. give it a shot!
    04-13-09 05:03 PM
    b/c i he/she is in a place where vzw doesnt have their own towers, that they are leasing certain towers, then they will always roam. they just need to know this.
    04-13-09 05:05 PM
    i took a picture of it...and tried to post it, but it said i have to post at least 10 times before i can post images and links...lame! haha! the theme i am using is the verizon theme ( i am with verizon )

i just tried dialing *228 and updated my roaming capabilities...it sucessfully updated, but the arrow is still there.

for the person who posted that picture with the circled triangle-thats not it. cute background by the way! maybe i'll have to just take it into a verizon store...

i live in WA state
    04-13-09 07:54 PM
    i can email the picture i took to someone and they can post it for me if they like?
    04-13-09 07:55 PM
    lol always funny to see people's background pics
    04-13-09 07:56 PM
    ok its gone now!! i think after calling *228 it kicked in after a few mins! thanks for all your help guys =)
    04-13-09 08:14 PM
    ok its gone now!! i think after calling *228 it kicked in after a few mins! thanks for all your help guys =)
    sweet!
    now you know what to do should the little bugger return
    04-13-09 09:17 PM
    The arrow you are talking about is the scroll arrow. You only see it on your battery when you hold the phone in portrait mode with the phone buttons to the left, correct? Flip your phone with the phone buttons to the right and now look in the bottom right hand corner, there is the blue arrow you are talking about. It just isn't over the battery meter in this case.

So relax, it has nothing to do with bluetooth, or roaming, it's just a scroll arrow glitch that hopefully will be fixed with the next update.
    05-21-09 01:27 PM
    The arrow you are talking about is the scroll arrow. You only see it on your battery when you hold the phone in portrait mode with the phone buttons to the left, correct? Flip your phone with the phone buttons to the right and now look in the bottom right hand corner, there is the blue arrow you are talking about. It just isn't over the battery meter in this case.

So relax, it has nothing to do with bluetooth, or roaming, it's just a scroll arrow glitch that hopefully will be fixed with the next update.
    The OP is using a curve and it was the roaming indicator. If you are holding the device in portrait, the phone buttons should be either on the top or the bottom. What you are talking about is a different arrow that appears on the storm. It is also not really a glitch anymore since .83. It will not show if you only have more than 12 icons on your screen. If have 12 or less those scroll arrows won't show up.

Last edited by ArmaK; 05-21-09 at 05:42 PM.
    05-21-09 05:40 PM
    it's actually a landing pad for the little blue aliens that have come to destroy us all.
    05-21-09 06:13 PM
    its the SMS arrows..
    05-22-09 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD