Just read this this morning and thought BlackBerry has it's finger on the pulse with an across platform Application, exciting.

This research based report suggests that young folk are moving away from Facebook into twitter type applications is the direction now for BBM.
    Yahoo! News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines
    05-22-13 03:50 AM
    I think people just follow the herd and use whatever media is popularised by TV, fashion and celebs.

I have a couple if BBM contacts that update their status more often on BBM than they do on facebook or twitter.

I for one think that BlackBerry/RIM are correct in deciding to launch BBM as multi platform for no other reason that (for me anyway) it works better than whatsapp, kik etc.

Whether the launch is at the right time for BlackBerry remains to be seen, but I certainly think that if every BlackBerry user gets behind the idea and push it towards non bb-ers, it's certainly a tool that could wipe the floor with the competition.

Posted via CB10
    daveycrocket likes this.
    05-22-13 04:45 AM
    Lol. Well. I don't know if it is right but it's sure not too early.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    05-22-13 12:39 PM
    If it came out right now, I would have it on my iPhone 5 and I can think of a few dozen folks who used BBM back when they where on BB and would love to reconnect. I wonder what timeframe the BBM IOS app is slated for? I know they said this summer but by the middle or late summer?
    05-22-13 03:11 PM
    I'm sure they already have it working in internal builds.

I hate using Whatsapp. It straight up sucks. The only people who think it is good are Android and iPhone users because they don't have BBM.

I hope future BBM has the ability to share videos like whatsapp can do. That's about the only thing that whatsapp has an arm up on BBM.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 03:32 PM