11-26-13 02:07 AM
    Time for the virtual track pad with the user option to toggle the track pad on and off on the BlackBerry Qwerty and Z30 & Z10 devices. ! BlackBerry World has a great Track PAD APP that works well and BlackBerry could build on that APP !
    Apple is thinking of a track pad on the home button !

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 02:11 AM
    The circle works okay, but why some traditionalists like the track Pad is you can read your message and not have your hand covering the screen while your editing and reading your message.

Try the Track Pad App in BlackBerry World it works like the Bold 9900 quite a nice APP.

The Virtual Track Pad will appeal to the die hard Track Pad lovers in the Media , Legal and Financial sectors . Add a toggle On / Off option in the Settings menu so users can use the current keyword without the Track Pad or with the Track Pad on all the Qwerty and Virtual keyboard phones.

It will show the users BlackBerry is listening !!$$$

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 02:21 AM
    Link to that track pad app on BlackBerry World please?

Posted via My Black BlackBerry Zed-10
    11-26-13 02:32 AM
    Check out TrackPad Editor in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/30833894

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 02:36 AM
    Link to that track pad app on BlackBerry World please?

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/30833894
    11-26-13 02:37 AM
    Thanks guys, downloading (Y)

Posted via My Black BlackBerry Zed-10
    11-26-13 02:41 AM
    Fanboys are going to praise the trackpad now yet they were making fun of it for 5 years when BlackBerry had it

Fired from my Z10
    Last edited by VR6; 11-26-13 at 02:14 PM.
    11-26-13 04:13 AM
    Hey you toggle it on or off, nothing changes. Wall Street traders want the track pad, media users want the track pad !! Give it to them, they will eventually transition to the pure BB10 keyboards

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 09:02 AM
    Trackpad. Greatest innovation by Apple. Lol. Ehem, biter, ehem!

Sent from the best touch keyboard, the Z.
    11-26-13 09:44 AM
    There's kind of a basic track pad at the bottom of screen on Z10/30 where you can scroll through the pages of app icons. It's kinda cool and maybe could be built upon?

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    11-26-13 10:06 AM
    I curse every time I have to position the cursor to select text, or go back a few characters in a text message and hit the stupid smileys button instead.
    11-26-13 11:50 AM
    I curse every time I have to position the cursor to select text, or go back a few characters in a text message and hit the stupid smileys button instead.
    Same! So frustrating!

Posted via CB10 on my ? BlackBerry Q10
    11-26-13 02:02 PM
    The trackpad on my 9930 works nicely!
    11-26-13 02:04 PM
    I fondly remember when the trackpad was still a thing: soooo many complaints about low quality, bad connectors, taking up too much space etc.
    And now suddenly everyone wants it back? If Apple ever uses one, it will just be popular 'because Apple', not because it is actually more useful.
    As long as people want touchscreen interfaces, the way forward should be more accurate software to support this.
    An on-screen mouse on any current OS would just look silly and archaic.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    11-26-13 02:14 PM
    If Apple ever uses one, it will just be popular 'because Apple', not because it is actually more useful.
    As long as people want touchscreen interfaces, the way forward should be more accurate software to support this.
    An on-screen mouse on any current OS would just look silly and archaic.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    So everything Apple does becomes popular because "It's Apple"? The iPhone 5C is largely seen as a marketing mistake, and the less said about Apple Maps the better. Apple also patents a lot of stuff that never makes it into a final product, so there's no need to get all indignant about it just yet.

I really hope you're not one of those people who think touchscreens only became popular because Apple started making them in 2007. Touchscreen phones were available well before that, but Apple made them appealing to the average consumer by combining software, hardware and services. Apple's success is not down to gimmicks and fads.
    11-26-13 02:45 PM
    Apple doesn't necessarily do things first. Just better. If Apple does this it won't be "popular because Apple is doing it." It'll be "popular" because there will be a hundred million people using it overnight.
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-26-13 02:50 PM
    Time for the virtual track pad with the user option to toggle the track pad on and off on the BlackBerry Qwerty and Z30 & Z10 devices. ! BlackBerry World has a great Track PAD APP that works well and BlackBerry could build on that APP !

Posted via CB10
    lol the same as what everyone else was using a track pad for in the past. the patent probably won't go through as there are many others patented way before and being used. the BB track pad is one of those
    11-26-13 03:25 PM
    The circle does not work OK. I really miss the trackpad of the legacy devices. Will the Q30 have a real trackpad?
    11-26-13 03:31 PM
    No, I did not mean to imply Apple only does well because of their brand name. On the contrary, they do a lot of things well in creating their products.
    My intention was purely to discredit the benefit of a trackpad to any of the current OS' available. That's why I tried to say, any success a trackpad will have would be purely brand-related (tchocky77 said it better: just because so many people will suddenly use it). I do not expect a trackpad to ever become mainstream again, unless touchscreens are fased out.
    ...I really hope you're not one of those people who think touchscreens only became popular because Apple started making them in 2007...
    BlackBerry 10 signed.
    11-26-13 03:41 PM
    And now suddenly everyone wants it back? If Apple ever uses one, it will just be popular 'because Apple', not because it is actually more useful.

Actually it doesn't have a lot to do with "going backwards", touchscreens always entail compromises. But you don't generally have an option to carry around a mouse along with your smartphone.

The thing is, it's not necessarily that touchscreen's are completely useless, but the implementation of BB10's touch-based cursor-control system is, IMHO, not very good.

They could stick with the same basic paradigm (edit circle, etc) and improve it greatly, by using smarter touch logic.

I don't have anywhere near the sort of dicey/unreliable cursor movement issues on my Android tablet. Granted, it's a much bigger display, but here's a test: Install an Android app on your BB10 device like a text editor. Start adding text, moving the cursor around, copying and pasting. (The cursor positioning system works a little differently but shouldn't take you long to learn.) If you don't find that it is easier to control and less frustrating, I would be surprised.

Here's what I wrote in another thread yesterday:

Personally I have ridiculous problems with cursor management on BB10, especially when I'm in an app like BBM or SMS and every time I touch the text editing area it does something I don't want like pops up the keyboard, pops down the keyboard, opens a menu, closes a menu, highlights text I don't want to highlight and won't release it, can't move the tear drop handles, they move to the wrong place, I can't get the edit circle to appear, I can't move the edit circle to the left or right margin, can't get the edit circle to go away, yadda yadda yadda.

(Edit: I currently do most of my text editing on my daily driver which is still on 10.1.0.4828, so SOME of those issues I expect to improve a bit when I upgrade it to 10.2, but I'd say that would account for maybe 15% of the issues I mentioned above.)
    11-26-13 11:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 11:52 PM
    One of Apple 's strengths is taking existing technologies and products then improving and repackaging it into something that is consumer friendly. If you read through the article, you can easily tell that they have some plans for it that go beyond how track pads were traditionally applied.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    11-27-13 09:17 AM
    I'm glad someone is finally listening, even if that is (once again), not Blackberry.

I'm glad someone has some tought about how they can improve their product to include even more users AND decided to ACT, instead of listening to all the cheering crackberry kids.

Apple: 1+
    Blackberry: 0- (once again, why am I not surprised)

Oh, and if you have not noticed, I'm a loyal BB user, although quite frustrated.
    Last edited by WES51; 11-27-13 at 11:03 AM.
    11-27-13 10:20 AM
    Blackberry should "always!!" give us the option to pull down the virtual trackpad down from the top. This thing works just as good at the BBOS7 trackpads.

After market the crap out of it to all the BBOS7 users since that seems to be the only thing keeping them from upgrade. They should just fire out an email/BBM announce (or both) to all BBOS7 users saying the trackpad is now on BB10 with pictures and editing examples and booom.

Time For the Virtual Track Pad-img_00000630.png

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 12:54 PM
26 12