Now that I got used to Android, I bought an Asus tablet a few weeks back. It sure doesn't live up to the PlayBook. I still have that too.

I find Android much easier and flowing better on the blackberry side.

Soooooo, now that bkb has Android working well, and Android tablets are an established item, it's time for blackberry to come up with a kick *** 8" or 9" tablet!

C'mon Chen
    01-21-17 07:47 PM
    Moved to general. I don't know how many people will pay the $100 extra for an Android BlackBerry offering though?
    01-21-17 07:52 PM
    It would be a nice move for the BlackBerry faithful, but I doubt it's gonna be profitable for the idea to flourish.
    01-22-17 03:49 AM
    Android Tablets are still a Thing?

I left them in Android 3.0 Honeycomb, and headed for Apple in that front.

I've had a iPad 4 LTE that served me well for 4years and now a iPad Air 2 LTE.

In terms of Tablets, iOS has the best support in apps and other content.
    01-22-17 06:46 AM
    I'm game. I'd buy one for sure.
    01-22-17 07:00 AM

Truer words never spoken. If anyone thinks update support sucks @55 on Android *phones* they haven't seen anything compared to the Android tablet experience. I am ipad for life... I will never buy an android tablet from any manufacturer again.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-22-17 07:36 AM
    Truer words never spoken. If anyone thinks update support sucks @55 on Android *phones* they haven't seen anything compared to the Android tablet experience. I am ipad for life... I will never buy an android tablet from any manufacturer again.
    Indeed!

Lol, my 2011 Samsung Galaxy Tab10.1v got 1 update, that was it.
    http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_p7100_...10_1v-3831.php

The hardware was so amazing at the time, but wow was the software poor.

And then the apps, it was just such a poor state of affairs, some apps were well supported while others were basically abandoned.
    01-22-17 07:56 AM

Same exact experience. I've had the original ipad, then the iPad 2, then the iPad Mini and then the iPad Air. The Air is on its fourth year and its performance is as stellar as the day I got it three years ago. I also have the Surface, but I use that as a work laptop replacement since the Air is still superior as a tablet.

Also tried an HTC Flyer five years ago running Android Honeycomb and a Samsung Tab 2, but it's just not the same versus the app and hardware experience on iPad and ios.

I also just got an 8" Mi Pad 2 running Windows 10, and so far it has been performing great, but ios on the Air still is faster and has all the better implemented apps.

Having said all these though, the best "tablet" is the one you have on hand, and on that note, I still spend most of my time on the Priv during the day....
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-22-17 07:58 AM
    Same exact experience. I've had the original ipad, then the iPad 2, then the iPad Mini and then the iPad Air. The Air is on its fourth year and its performance is as stellar as the day I got it three years ago. I also have the Surface, but I use that as a work laptop replacement since the Air is still superior as a tablet.

Also tried an HTC Flyer five years ago running Android Honeycomb and a Samsung Tab 2, but it's just not the same versus the app and hardware experience on iPad and ios.

I also just got an 8" Mi Pad 2 running Windows 10, and so far it has been performing great, but ios on the Air still is faster and has all the better implemented apps.

Having said all these though, the best "tablet" is the one you have on hand, and on that note, I still spend most of my time on the Priv during the day....
    Agreed completely!

Tablets are an area Apple still truly own, nobody has been able to totally match the iPad in all fronts.

Haha, same here, I spend 90% of the time on my Galaxy S7 Edge. It's great to have a tablet for days where you may want to browse, watch a movie, or work on a larger display, especially when travelling and not wanting to lug a laptop everywhere.
    01-22-17 08:04 AM
    I think the flood of cheap Chinese android tablets gave the platform a black eye.
    01-22-17 08:10 AM
    Agreed completely!

Tablets are an area Apple still truly own, nobody has been able to totally match the iPad in all fronts.

Haha, same here, I spend 90% of the time on my Galaxy S7 Edge. It's great to have a tablet for days where you may want to browse, watch a movie, or work on a larger display, especially when travelling and not wanting to lug a laptop everywhere.
    You haven't tried Windows 10 tablets, have you?

Posted via CB10
    RonSchofield likes this.
    01-22-17 10:06 AM
    Windows 10 tablets are quite good. The basic problem with all mobile platforms is that you can't lock them down with the same degree of certainty that you can a laptop with a full operating system.
    01-22-17 10:25 AM
    I think the flood of cheap Chinese android tablets gave the platform a black eye.
    No, because even most of the big name brands don't push OS updates that the hardware could still support. They literally do not care about you once you have made the purchase. You can go to any forum and find pissed off customers whose Sony or Samsung tab can't get the latest OS that would easily run on existing hardware.

I give BlackBerry props for at least trying to get BB10 onto the playbook but the RAM limitations killed those chances.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    01-22-17 11:05 AM
    Windows 10 tablets are quite good. The basic problem with all mobile platforms is that you can't lock them down with the same degree of certainty that you can a laptop with a full operating system.
    You are telling Windows 10 tablets are not having a full PC Operating system?

Posted via CB10
    RonSchofield likes this.
    01-22-17 12:08 PM
    I went and got the Nvidia K1 shield a few months ago. I was able to do a free upgrade to Nougat. The graphics processor is wicked good, you know..Nvidia. Speakers are in front on the sides and sound awesome.
    I had a Playbook and loved it but once the support died off for it and the browser started falling apart it was worthless. I don't have the time for endless work-arounds to keep the thing afloat.
    The NvIdia I got was wifi only. I don't log into gooble on it. If I need an app I download off my passport and transfer to the tablet. I also use F-droid and a couple of other app repositories but not amazon.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 05:55 PM